MK Machining

I played around a bit with bullpups about 40 years ago. The ergonomics are always terrible and you have to take the gun out of your shoulder to cycle the action, the center of balance is farther back so it's not as comfortable to carry, and triggers are always squishy and creepy due to the extended trigger system. So I'm not a fan.

If you read the posts on the link above, the maker of the chassis system is a recent college grad and wants to make his money on just a few chassis sales. :rolleyes: Like the old song says, to play the blues you've got to pay your dues.
Is that based on 40 year old experience? My bullpup triggers are excellent . My DT is 1lbs, my MDR is now at 3.5lbs, my AUG is 7lbs, my Tavor is 3lbs. No creep.

When is the last time you shot one? And again I'm not moving my cheek to run the body. So again that's not accurate either.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

@waveslayer--I've never shot one but by nature I always like trying something new.;) The chassis system does seem pretty pricey--even compared to established comp chassis systems, so in your opinion are there any aspects of this style of set-up that are clearly superior to "conventional" arrangements? I understand the affinity for compact bullpup "run and gun" autos; but what in your opinion--or if you want post direct comparisons--of this arrangement versus traditional bolt gun setups? Again, I appreciate your responses and I am not trying to "put you on the spot."

Desert Tech is what comes to mind, to me. I agree with the comment about the mushy triggers for the most part. I have a Ruger 10/22 that I set into a bull pup stock and the guy that made it installed a roller type trigger linkage for it, so it is a very exceptional trigger. But some I have worked with have been Glock-level mushy and just butt-turrible.

Back