MK Machining

stagpanther

Anyone had experience with their products? They make a very unusual (to my way of thinking) bolt action chassis system that features a bullpup-style magazine well location aft of the fire control group. I've never seen anything like this in a bolt-action and am real curious how well and or practical this kind of arrangement is.

Holy cripes!!
The $500 is just the 1/4 down payment!!
Total cost $1,999???

Interesting, yes.
$2,000 interesting? Solid PASS!

Add to that a Timney Calvin Elite trigger, but then it's going to be going through some sort of rod and pivot arrangement. Kinda defeats the purpose of a aftermarket trigger, at least to my thinking.

I'm mystified by the whole bolt raceway and bolt throw under the cheek thing--not to mention what I assume must be rear static balance, but a guy I ran into has one and loves it.

Sure is nice looking. Still can’t wrap my mind around having to break my cheek weld to run the action. Looks awkward. If this was a semi-auto, hands down worth looking at, drooling over, but ultimately passing on over the price tag for a stock.

Very neat, though.

I've looked the the BP chassis...hard pass for many reasons. While I applaud innovation, sometimes it is misplaced.

MK started, primarily knocking off products of other companies, which is a huge pet peeve of mine as well.

I've got one of their throw levers, pretty cheap compared to the rest of their products ($19.00) and its been pretty good. Ordered a set of their scope caps and anti glare device, I'll put up a review when I get a chance to use them. Haven't had any experience with their more expensive products.

Here is a forum link to the original concept to build. M700 Bullpup build, it was just a concept back in 2015. The finished product does look pretty good, but the price tag is a little steep. However, I'm sure the first working prototype was expensive as all get out to build.

@Post#10

I agree that proprietary parts are expensive to prototype, and getting a working prototype is costly. They have to make that money up somehow. I get that. But spread that cost out over many parts and cut that cost down more. If priced right, they’ll sell and you’ll make your cash back.

Still so expensive for a bull pup bolt gun. Interesting, as it is.

The owner is a good guy. I've dealt with him many times. 2K for a bullpup chassis is a tad steep but not out of the ball park.

Those who aren't familiar with DT's have commented on breaking cheek weld to run the bolt are dead wrong. I run mine no problem and have done it at matches without issues

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I run mine no problem and have done it at matches without issues
It seems to me the static balance would be kinda far back--so is there a propensity for muzzle-lift (I'm real curious about that)?

I can't imagine the muzzle blast on one of those either if you were to use a cartridge like a WSM. That moves the muzzle a lot closer to your face with a bullpup configuration. A shooter would probably be very happy wit a suppressor shooting a bullpup.

I can't imagine the muzzle blast on one of those either if you were to use a cartridge like a WSM. That moves the muzzle a lot closer to your face with a bullpup configuration. A shooter would probably be very happy wit a suppressor shooting a bullpup.
Not true either. I run a 22" .338 Norma AI in my DT and that has never been an issue at all. I have a 16" as well in .308 with no issues. Where are you guys located? You can try mine out and sew for yourselves

waveslayer said:
Not true either. I run a 22" .338 Norma AI in my DT and that has never been an issue at all. I have a 16" as well in .308 with no issues.

I probaly should have used report instead of muzzle blast. The closer your ears are to the muzzle the louder it's going to be, there is no way around it. However, the muzzle blast out of the difrerent barrels of the same length, muzzle device, and ammunition should be very similar in muzzle blast and db at the muzzle.

Thanks for the offer, I live in CO.

I played around a bit with bullpups about 40 years ago. The ergonomics are always terrible and you have to take the gun out of your shoulder to cycle the action, the center of balance is farther back so it's not as comfortable to carry, and triggers are always squishy and creepy due to the extended trigger system. So I'm not a fan.

If you read the posts on the link above, the maker of the chassis system is a recent college grad and wants to make his money on just a few chassis sales. :rolleyes: Like the old song says, to play the blues you've got to pay your dues.

Thanks for that. So, when you mount your's on say a tripod where is the neutral balance point where you clamp the chassis?
Same as any other rifle. That's with a hog saddle and not my ANVIL 30 mount , which will always be more stable over the Hog Saddle.
966e738b738bee5d95da708594fcef91.jpg

Back