Mini revolver or Derringer (NAA or Cimarron)

A little off from your topic - but not by much.

I have an ADC M1 derringer (2 shot) in 45 ACP. It is my "last ditch" back up for when I can't conceal much with what I am wearing. I bought this new about 20 years ago with the idea that if all I had was two shots I want them to be as big as possible.

I honestly would prefer a big blade - like my Cold Steel Laredo - over a small pistol but it is even more difficult to conceal than any handgun.

my mini is a 22 short. it is very tiny. I carry it in a necklace. It is much smaller than the 22 mag and a bit smaller (in length) than the 22lr version.

I've got the NAA revolver, came with a 22lr cylinder and a 22 mag cylinder. Beefy rubber grip and a tritium front sight. Super reliable and the fit and finish are off the charts. Highly recommend one ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375420606.605432.jpg

NAA makes excellent little revolvers and you should be able to find one with the right size and features to suit you. IMO, the Black Widow and Pug are worth the extra $$ over the standard Magnum Mini. They have better sights, a more secure cylinder pin latch, and the grips are upgrades over the standard wooden birdseyes as far as getting a secure hold.

A more recent offering from NAA is the Sidewinder. It was a first for NAA where the cylinder pivots out for loading/unloading on a crane (like other revolvers....just a lot smaller). I have both the .22LR and .22Mag cylinders for mine.

sidewinder-5.jpg

Love my Black Widows... I posted about these earlier. Brought one home and my wife really liked it, so I got another for myself.

Super guns... high quality in every aspect. The magnum frame, 2 inch barrel oversize grips, and enhanced sights make them extremely accurate. I can get 2-3 inch groups at 15 yards which is about the same for my .38 snubs. They are so concealable you don't even know you have them on you. I do like the .22 LR over the .22 magnum. As far as shooting, they are not significantly different in handling, although, the LRs are a lot quieter.

On our first trip to the range after having shot some magnums through mine, I realized I had forgot and left my long rifle cylinder at the house. While we were loading, I dropped my wife's cylinder in my gun. Timing and indexing were perfect. I shot a couple few rounds of LR through mine using her cylinder. Sweet!!! It says a lot about the craftsmanship and fitting when parts from other guns literally drop in.

I figure, I'll be keeping these around for a long time.

Attachments

• IMG_0404.jpg
    IMG_0404.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 50
I have the NAA mini is 22 short. That this is so small I could carry it in a speedo.

They are well made guns. I love mine and do shoot it fairly often.

Those itsy-bitsy-teensy-weenie guns are worthless novelties, IMHO.
I have tiny single shot from a now defunct company in .22lr. It is so light that at a range of 5 feet it will hit about three feet high. The recoil is such that before the bullet leaves the barrel the muzzle is rising and pointing somewhere other than where you want it.
For personal defense it better be shoved into the gut of your intended target or the shot will go over his head at a range over three feet. Under three feet you can aim at the knees to hit the center of mass.
There are limits to everything. This is beyond the limit of practical on the small side.

Back