Mindfullness of where your guns are

I keep guns in my home and car, in locations that are secure but not so secure that I have a problem getting to them quickly. Nobody is going to run into them by accident. I'm with the few here who think that putting a gun behind a locked door means that it's locked up and that being victimized by a thief is not the same as negligently arming that thief.

For those who are paranoi... errr... so concerned about my guns, what do you do about your kitchen drawer full of knives??? Do you lock those up too? What about all the criminals and small children you are inadvertently arming with deadly weapons?

And what about the bleach and rat poison and hammers and crowbars and shovels scattered around the house and garage? And that money in your wallet - a thief could certainly use that to buy weapons and larceny tools. Shame on you!

Spacecoast,

Is it your position that kitchen knives, rat poison, hammers, crowbars, and shovels are as dangerous as firearms?

To clarify, we all know that they can be used to cause harm or death. My question isn't, "are they potentially deadly". My question is as above.

I certainly hope that I face my dog when he is shooting a 32.

Wait, I don't have a dog.

Dogs do shoot people quite a few times in TX. Step on or knock over a long arm.

I do have a 32 - a 327 Mag - with some powerful stuff in it. You wouldn't want that in your face.

My shovel doesn't cost $459.

After watching the finale of Justified I am rethinking carrying my Chinese cleaver around with me.

:D

Everybody is gonna do whats comfortable for them and so long as we each take responsibility for our own safety its crazy to critizize each other. We have the carry on my person vs. stashed around the house vs. on my nighstand vs. all locked up in my fort knox safe people going at it. Decide whats best for you and thats that. Personally i dont carry at home, it just not comfortable for ME. I know anything can happen anywhere but i choose for my home to be a place of relaxation & safety. if something does happen i know what i need to do.

Back