Might Move From ME to NC

prepare for mosquitoes, chiggers,
They are bad--but nothing compared to Maine's mosquitoes and black flies, so that won't be too much of a problem.:D Hands down the best part of living in the south for me was the vastly greater access to public hunting (and shooting) if that's your thing--and the more moderate weather, but I did have a hard time with summer weather in Georgia and Tennessee. Your deer are about half the size of ours--but there are a whole lot more of them. :D

They are bad--but nothing compared to Maine's mosquitoes and black flies, so that won't be too much of a problem.:D Hands down the best part of living in the south for me was the vastly greater access to public hunting (and shooting) if that's your thing--and the more moderate weather, but I did have a hard time with summer weather in Georgia and Tennessee. Your deer are about half the size of ours--but there are a whole lot more of them. :D
northern deer are bigger because they have to survive the harsh winters. and yeah, the summers in the south are stifling.

northern deer are bigger because they have to survive the harsh winters. and yeah, the summers in the south are stifling.

What you call "stifling", others call "Yankee repelling":D

stagpanther said:
but I honestly don't know if a winter here is as bad as hot humid summer down south.

I have lived in IN, NC, FL and now GA. The summers can get a little humid on the eastern part of NC. The western part of the state is downright moderate in the summer. We lived in Asheville and in the summer, we just left the windows open at night, rarely used a/c. Central part of the state is,as you would expect, a blend of east and western NC weather.

Making a blanket statement that "the humidity is awful in the south" is not totally accurate. Georgia and Florida have a lot worse humidity than NC

Back