midway

well. My order was supposed to be here thursday.... it did not arrive. It arrived in a city 2hrs away from me at a regional destination facility. Then 2 days later I got an updated that it is in transit arriving late. I just placed another order with midway today... UPS

guys ...i live about 40 min. from Columbia, where Larry's MidWay is.

last week i was in ohio visiting my daughter and son and my mother....94...happy birth day mom

anyway... i got a email from Larry saying some bullets i had on my wish list were in....so, i ordered them thinking they would beat me home....NOPE they are stuck in St.Louis USPS......i can tell you from experience that place is a black hole. sometimes thing get through there kinda quick sometimes not

So dont blame MidWay for the slow service....my bullets had a tracking order that day....they have been in St.Louis for 5 days now....well i havent looked today but today is 5 days

if i would have been home i would have just drove over there and picked them up,bout hour and a half round trip...plus i could stop at Graff's too ,,,lol,,,along the way there

my .02

ocharry

I live about an hour SW of Midway and the Columbia Post Office sends my packages to St. Louis every time. If there is a Bermuda Triangle for mail, St. Louis has be one of the points. Delays of a week or more with one of them being vanished long enough Midway replaced it. Of course the missing one arrived a week later and was returned.

I am done letting either of these post offices lose my packages. I'll either pick it up at the dock or have it shipped UPS/Fedex.

Last edited:
My last order from Midway came in about 4 days via USPS. Pretty good I thought. Of course shipping was 10.00 for 2 boxes of bullets????????

Choosing Midway’s “Nitro Express Shipping” is the slowest option.
Your package sits in a distribution center until it’s economical to send. More or less like UPS “SurePost”.
Larry still refuses to utilize USPS Priority Flat Rate shipping.

well i just looked at the shipping label on my bullet package that took 7 days to go 35 miles east of columbia.....it said Priority- 2 Day

so i dont know what to think about that.....BUT... Sarge is 100% right about St. Louis postal center ....lol... it is for sure a Bremuda Triangle and if your package goes there.....well, who knows when it will start moving again...tracking just seems to stop

so far for me they havent lost anything, BUT, they do seem to want to keep things there way longer than they should......i dont know what the problem is but i sure would like to see them fix it...

ocharry

So my order finally came in. Usps priority mail. It's all a usps issue. Midway gets it out the door fast.
Ordered 4-4-21
Received, acceptance pending 4-5-21
Accepted 4-18-21
Delivered 4-26-21

Last edited:
I guess we should expect this kind of stuff. The postal service is run by the government. Anything they have their hands in is screwed up.:eek:

Midway almost always opts for a postal service hand-off nowadays unless you pay more for ground "all the way." That's why stuff gets delayed or otherwise simply get lost. I've had packages take weeks just to escape the gravitational pull of St Louis--another favorite is "he said, she said" ping pong where UPS says they don't have it--and the postal service says they don't either. That might simply be the result of sitting in a big pile until someone bothers to scan it in. Or maybe they get to play hockey to football with it, the longer it takes, generally the more damaged the package will be has been my experience.

FWIW, I placed an order with Midway on the April 17th. It shipped by USPS on the 18th and I received it in Houston on the 23rd. Maybe it’s getting better?

Back