midway

sako2

Midway is having problems with the postal service shipping. Placed a order on 4/9/21 and it hasn't left MO yet.

odd, a friend had me order 2 boxes of 77 SMK's for him on Wednesday evening, USPS delivered them yesterday. First time I have ever had USPS deliver on a Sunday. I thought they were over priced, with shipping it was $50 bucks for 100 bullets, but he shoots HP and let himself get caught flat footed. I have a box of 500 of these I payed a little over 150 for last year

FWIW, I have seen packages that start with "tracking number provided" and no intermediate notices until after it arrived at my doorstep.

Likely not to be a Midway and issue but a carrier issue in most cases.

USPS tracking has become unreliable in past year. I do a lot of shipping (not gun stuff) and I see it all the time that there is no shipping updates until the package is there or almost there.

Awhile back I bought 2 knives off eBay. One came from OK City, OK and the other somewhere in HI. Both shipped the same day and I didn't get any tracking until they got to Portland (that's one stop away from the small town I live in.) So sometimes it works and other times it sucks...

Tony

I ordered springs from them 4/7 & they got here today. Sent 1st class mail. I ordered some other things on 4/8 sent by UPS & had it in 4 days.

Everyone is having USPS problems.

I had a similar issue. showed received acceptance pending on 4-5-2021 from USPS. I called midway they said they could re-ship if it had not moved 15 days after the last tracking update. It updated today to show delivery for thurs day 4-22-2021.

I have been having nothing but problems with USPS as of late. I think I will be paying the extra for UPS going forward.

Shadow that's what they told me. My friend ordered 500 of the same bullets for me. Had them sent ups and they where here in 4 days. I ordered them the same day and had them sent usps. !0 days later and they're still in MO.

mine finally got moving, it sucks but you just gotta wait it out. I learned my lesson. no more USPS for me for a while.

Exactly small orders with USPS is all on USPS. I ordered my birthday discount order. Miscellaneous stuff from a shirt, 41 mag dies, military surplus holsters. Just all odd stuff. Amazed me, ordered at 8 in morning and before noon was filled and shipped. Received 2 days later by ups.

I've worked for USPS for 26 years. No problem believing any of the above posts. 10 years ago the USPS was jumping through hoops to scoot everything along as fast as possible. I mean the USPS was a machine of efficiency.

Then . . . . . blame the economy crashing, doesn't matter, that efficiency cost money and cuts began being made. Kind of a common bad joke among us front line workers is 'yes the mail must move as fast as possible and get this delivered, until it costs too much money in the process then they'll get it to us to deliver whenever they can'.

Now, the big problem is even getting someone willing to work and actually WANT a career with the USPS that draws as actual pension with federal benefits. Most people under 30 just don't care and want to sit back and wait on the next stimulus check to arrive.

However, the new Postmaster General we have is actually impressive. He sends out video service talks we watch about twice a month and he is no bullcrap, no smoke and mirrors, tells it like it is. Places a lot of the blame on prior management and policy. Very open that it will take a few years to dig out of our hole. The changes that began being made 10 years ago many workers cried out at what those policies would develop into. And they have. But it made sense on somebody's desk who'd never carried mail and the pie chart said it was a great idea at saving money. To say things were short sighted would be a gross understatement.

I placed an order Fri,April 16. Cheapest shipping...I think it was "free" It will be delivered by USPS.
Today is Tuesday April 20. Tracking says its "on the truck,out for delivery" today.

sako2,I don't doubt your experience....but things seem to be working for me.

I'm in Northern Colorado, Just merchandise,no hazmat or anything.

I just tracked it again and it's about 60 miles away. Should be here tomorrow. I had the tracking # the day after i placed the order. It just never moved.

I never blamed Midway. Stated they were having problems with usps. Midway even told me it happening to often with them.

guys ...i live about 40 min. from Columbia, where Larry's MidWay is.

last week i was in ohio visiting my daughter and son and my mother....94...happy birth day mom

anyway... i got a email from Larry saying some bullets i had on my wish list were in....so, i ordered them thinking they would beat me home....NOPE they are stuck in St.Louis USPS......i can tell you from experience that place is a black hole. sometimes thing get through there kinda quick sometimes not

So dont blame MidWay for the slow service....my bullets had a tracking order that day....they have been in St.Louis for 5 days now....well i havent looked today but today is 5 days

if i would have been home i would have just drove over there and picked them up,bout hour and a half round trip...plus i could stop at Graff's too ,,,lol,,,along the way there

my .02

ocharry

Sent a Priority Mail package from NY to Idaho. Finally made it to Idaho after going to Guam. :eek: Another package never made it to it's destination, and I just recently received payment for it after filing a claim. The USPS is a disaster!

Don

This from Midway's website:https://www.midwayusa.com/important-message

"Important information regarding package delivery and product availability

We've been notified by our shipping partners they are once again experiencing slowdowns which has affected their service levels. Due to an increase in package volumes and Employee shortages, our partners have had to modify some of their processes to address these issues. One change is a dramatic increase in the number of packages which are being sorted manually. Packages which go through a manual sort do not go through the same scanning processes as those which go through automated processes. As a result, tracking information may not show movement updates like they have in the past. Many times, a package may receive an initial scan, indicating it has entered the system, and may not receive another scan until it reaches its final destination. We are very sorry for the lack of scanning information on some packages and delays in deliveries you may experience. We appreciate your patience as we work side by side with our shipping partners through this difficult time.

Also, as you may already know, demand for ammunition, powder, primers, guns, gun parts, reloading accessories and various other products are at historic levels. While we're ordering and receiving record numbers of these products, Customer demand far exceeds our Supplier's production capabilities, and these high-demand products are allocated to us. We've implemented quantity limits on scarce products to serve as many Customers as possible. Our website has real-time product availability information and our best estimate on when our next shipment will arrive. Unfortunately, many products say "Overdue" which means they're on order and we can't get definite information on when they'll arrive. Please click "Notify Me" on the product page of any out of stock product and we'll send you an email the moment it's received. Please understand many products sell out quickly, sometimes in minutes.

We're very sorry for the product availability issues, package scanning issues and potential package delays. Thanks so much for your patience, understanding and loyalty.

Matt Fleming, President & CEO MidwayUSA"

My personal experience is that any package traveling through or near Washington DC or Chicago gets delayed just about every time. Seems USPS, FedEx, and UPS are all affected

Back