Midway USA... generally good, but not this time...

I prefer to wear my standard loadout (including ankle holster) and try pants on inside the store. This gets a little time-consuming and even annoying if there aren't enough shelves and hooks for all the crap I carry around on me.

I do wish my latest pairs of Dockers pants had deeper front pockets though. Perhaps the local seamstress can fix that for me.

I've ordered from Midway many times over the years and my only gripe until today was the poor fitting and shoddy workmanship of the latest offerings from Pachmayr (rubber grips).
thanks.

Pachmayrs have gone down in quality since they changed owners. Not Potterfield's fault, I guess.

>>BMI does not differentiate between fat and muscle. It could be all muscle<<

I've been vindicated!!

Not reading but a few of the notes

I ran weight and balance control during Army Physical Fitness tests

The vast variety of human fat, muscle, bone density--- and distribution---- led me to believe even the Military can NOT make any one size fits all determination

A shame how many very professional competent soldiers we kicked to the road just based on a Belly Tape test vs height

A shame how many very professional competent soldiers we kicked to the road just based on a Belly Tape test vs height
Indeed. It can get pretty ridiculous.
One of my first supervisors (Air Force) was 'forced out' because his BMI was too high.
5' 9", and 260 lbs.
It was all muscle. He participated in 'Strong Man' competitions while on leave, and trained 2-4 hours a day, every day, any other time.

He filed an appeal. They told him to lower his BMI or he was gone. :rolleyes:

FM over my career I can tell about 5 stories of the exact same stupidity.... even with an entire chain of command trying to keep an expert professional soldier in the service...

What used to really chap my butt was the many times I watched some Pentagon General testify before congress on CSPAN..... many could never pass a Tape Test...IMO

Back