Midway stupidness

Status
Not open for further replies.
We graduate thousands of Lawyers. They gotta cone up with some written words to protect us not so smart folks. Hence, nice little statements like the one cited.

I can't believe you're looking to buy a chamber flag! Most guns come with those things. I bet if you went to your local gun shop they have a bunch floating around and would probably give it to your for free or next to nothing.

I really like Midway. I actually find their website to be one of the easiest out there, and the product reviews by users are some of the most well written and helpful anywhere on the internet.

I use midway when I have too. The problem I've had with them is if you order on Friday they immediately show a hold on your account which is expected. Come Monday if you look at your account it shows the debit coming out but also still the hold from Friday. It usually goes away on Tuesday but why do they keep a hold on your account even after the transaction has occurred?

Well I got a chuckle out of the original post.

Not as much fun as I'm going to have when I take it over to my local gunsmith and ask him to install it for me but that's for later.

The pendulum seems to be swinging back toward more common sense but a friend of mine once claimed that all guns would have a big florescent orange arrow on the barrel or the slide pointing forward with 'bullet exits here and in this direction' printed under the arrow.

Kind of like the 'FRONT TOWARD ENEMY' on a Claymore mine.

Their website gives me fits.

But I got a great deal on a few things there, not all at once or for high dollar things, but for instance I got a buddy and me some nice double diamond 1911 grips for each of our 1918 Colts there, nice deal good quality. They are just for dress up, but they are really nice and its amazing how much the slick new wood makes the pistols look seventy years younger!

In fact I'm off to suffer their website in a few minutes to look for some mag floorplates.

When I go to buy accessories or ammo or whatever online I usually shop around and I'll check midway. Every now and then they'll have the best deal. Never had any issues and their shipping is usually pretty quick IMO.

I will say for accessories free shipping with Amazon prime has changed the game, IF they have what you're looking for.

^crazy if you buy one box. But if you buy a bunch and you don't live check to check and you consume rimfire like many of us do... no tax and no gas, fighting traffic, seeing "out of stock" and dealing with a clueless clerk who wants to know if it's for rifle or handgun...

Yeah, definitely seems like a great deal to me.

My main beef with Midway is that fully half of the items I find on their web site that I want to purchase are "out of stock - discontinued."

If they want to maintain a historical archive, fine. But while some bright spark in Marketing probably thinks they're doing "Search Engine Optimization" by listing dead inventory, I feel they're polluting my search results. So I wind up skipping past the Midway hits and click on some other vendor who is more likely to actually have the item in stock.

Haha, now Midway is responsible for "polluting your search results", good grief.

Write your own search engine code and maybe your life will be far less difficult.

SHEESH, wow.

For every business, there will always be those who like them, and those who don't. Both opinions have been posted, and this one's going nowhere. Time to say goodnight.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back