Midway .22LR Thunderbolt 500 for $15

kenny53 said:
I have some thunderbolts and I never had as much trouble with them as some folks.
I blew through the better part of a brick of Thunderbolt about a month ago, and also didn't have any problems. Fed my 10/22 no problems and in that rifle consistently accurate at 50 yards with iron. But even putting them through my scoped Ruger 8401 Precision out to 100 yards they seemed to be just as consistent as my other stuff. As for being dirty... my 22 handguns and rifles seem to ALWAYS be dirtier than other calibers, but not a big deal for me. I actually get pleasure out of cleaning my guns after a range session. It's just part of the shooting experience I not only don't mind, but actually look forward to doing when I get home to the shop. I think the bottom line is the Thunderbolts APPARENTLY are hit or miss depending on when you bought the brick... so I suppose I always just got lucky as I've been using them, along with other brands, for years no problems.... yes even out to 100 yards with rifles that can do that.

Back