Micro Compacts vs Subcompacts: Which do you prefer for Concealed Carry?

I don't carry mouse guns in mouse calibers. I only cary large-frame guns in adult calibers.

What's the difference between a "mouse caliber" and an "adult caliber" if you wouldn't mind explaining?

I'm just a little confused because the terms sort of contradict each other because mice can obviously be adult.

Furthermore, I would appreciate further clarification in regards to what is the bare minimum caliber ought to be considered "adult" and if it falls below that threshold does that make it a "child caliber" that you would consider safe for children to play with?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but alas it seems I'm just not as mature or adult as you are because I carry .380 ACP, so I guess that makes me a child, or does it make me a mouse?

Someone who thinks anything less that a cartridge starting with "4" is for girls and wimps..........(sarcasm in case you missed it)

What's the difference between a "mouse caliber" and an "adult caliber" if you wouldn't mind explaining?
Everyone knows the answer to that. .50 S&W is a man's man's caliber. The .480 Ruger and .475 Linebaugh are marginal. The best you can hope for with anything less than those is that the bad guy is afraid of loud noises and the sound of multiple shots from your preferred mouse gun (.45, .40, 9mm, .38, whatever) coming at him scares him away.

(I hope the sarcasm came through there.)

For concealed carry, my practice is to rely on two types of handguns: one for a limited niche, "deep" cover use (pocket, ankle, belly band carry, etc.); something like a Ruger LCP, and the other for everything else (using either iwb or owb holsters); something like a Glock 19 in terms of size and weight.

When it comes to the configuration of a handgun being carried in a holster for self-defense purposes, I want one big enough to shoot "proficiently"; one reasonably powerful enough for "stopping" a threat; one having "sufficient" ammunition capacity and, of course, one that is reliable in the extreme.

For me, unless I (and I don't) want a pistol to do "everything", from being secreted in places of hiding to carrying in a holster (like the SIG 365 or the Springfield "Hell Cat"), that pretty much rules out "micro-compacts" and "subcompacts". I'd rather carry and rely on a pistol that is too big (within reason) to one that is too small (in my estimation).

I prefer something small enough to slip into a pocket holster yet powerful enough to stop any threat in its tracks. I find 9mm to strike the perfect balance.

My 2 concealed carry weapons are the Ruger LC9s and the Sig Sauer p365.

The smallest semiautomatic I have found that I can first of all, shoot well, and then secondarily, carry easily, is my Walther PPS-M2, I like to carry it with the 8 round accessory mags.

I carry what the OP calls a 'Micro Compact'. A Kel-Tec P32. The only way I am comfortable carrying is pocket carry. I've tried other ways, and pocket carry is best for me. So me and a 'Micro Compact' get along well. The Kel-Tec is small and light, and I've gotten so used to carrying it at times I forget it's there.

The Kel-Tec is small and light, and I've gotten so used to carrying it at times I forget it's there.

Until you're spread-eagled on the parking lot of a post office or on the tarmac of an airport. :)

Back