methods of training when real firearms are not available?

Maybe you can buy one of those blue plastic dummy guns. My personal preference would be a wooden or synthetic samurai sword. On my preseason scouting missions for deer...I take to the woods with my wooden or synthetic samurai sword --- slashing spider webs, vines, mosquitos, gnats and bees.

@Big Shrek I appreciate the advice, I'm actually USAF, and am half Japanese/Thai. I was in Tokyo back in '07 and had a blast then. I know a little bit of Japanese, enough to barely get around (Ask where X is, how much is Y in yen, my name is etc.)

No worries about getting involved with the local girls, seeing as I have one that already like here in the states. Also, yes, Yakuza, not wise to get too chummy with them, that and Pachinko parlors are a definite no no.

Reading around, it looks like it's pretty much impossible to have any kind of firearm in Japan nowadays, even more so if you live off base. Handguns are out of the question, so I'm not going to even try with that.

I may look into one of those plastic laser trainer guns, I don't think they'll have any problems with those, seeing as it's VERY obvious that it's not a real, functioning firearm.

Yeah, you are stuck with Issue Guns Only at those ranges.
On the upside, they probably still have quite a few of the Antiques lying about ;)

Back