Messed up scope

I think I finally understand. Since I had the windage on top, the crosshair was sideways. Therefor, when I moved the windage turret to the right, the crosshair would indeed move to the right. But since it was sideways, it was really moving the crosshair up. And the same goes for any other adjustments. A pure Homer Simpson moment. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
To be honest I wouldn't change it. Some shooters mount them that way on purpose. Having the turret on the left side gives you more room on the right side to load the rifle. And while not common, ejected brass has been known to hit the turret and fall back into the action causing a malfunction. I know of at least one guide who mounts his scopes that way on rifles intended to be used on DG.

Just as I though. You have the scope on wrong! That knob on the right is the elevation knob and he one on top is the windage knob.

Adjusting the Scope

You have done the best you can. OP can keep it between the ditches if remembers which way to turn the 90 degree off scope adjustments. This is American where we can do what we want. Also, we need to be mindful of the consequences.

Hahaha. I don't know how I didn't notice that. Got in too big a hurry to try and solve the problem, I guess, and went right past it. On of those "slap your forehead" moments.

As others have said, the scope is mounted 90 degrees off, just turn it to that the elevation turret is on top. Sorry about the bad advice earlier.

I was waiting on pics. He's new so he is going to make some mistakes. I don't castigate or belittle people for being new to shooting.

Back