Memorial Day?

is it okay to go shooting on Memorial Day?

• Yes

Votes: 49 89.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a person's answer to the Poll question is yes, that person's answer to the question in the OP's post number 1 would be no. The questions are neither opposites nor mutually exclusive, but they can create confusion and misunderstanding because consistent answers to the two questions would be opposites, i.e., either yes and no, OR no and yes.

Last edited:
There is not one thing wrong or disrespectful about enjoying a day at the range on any national commemoration or holiday. The right to firearms we enjoy has no equal in any other country on Earth.
Now I do think it should be mandatory for all firearms enthusiasts to get some range time on April 19th and July 4th.

"Is it okay to go shooting on Memorial Day?"
A question wanting a yes or no answer.

"Do you think it is disrespectful to our war dead to shoot on Memorial Day? Please discuss. Thanks!"
A request for a discussion, not expressly asking for a yes or no answer.

I don't see the problem.
Or the need for Model12 to apologize.

I didn't say anyone screwed up or that anyone should apologize for anything. :rolleyes:

I was just searching for a plausible explanation for why some people, 5 as of now, might have voted "No" on the poll. In case they needed an excuse for being wrong, they can blame it on just being confused :confused:

Model12Win said he screwed up and apologized. I believe no one has suggested that he did screw up and that, of course, includes you WyMark. I don't think anyone who voted no in the pole has posted anything in this thread. In short, I believe all of us who have posted in this thread agree that it is fine to shoot on Memorial Day.

Umm, the poll title is the opposite of the poll question, which I answered, "No".

So if the title is the correct question, my answer should have been, "Yes". I loaded the car to head to the range, but rain forced me to cancel.

I would think that many people that sacrificed themselves for freedom would want you to use that precious freedom doing whatever you enjoy doing.

I see very little correlation, unless you are dressing up and playing soldier.

But not just shooting a gun off.

Guns are inanimate objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back