Mec Gar P226 magazine problems (Taurus G2C)

9mm

Picked up a G2C recently, and the Mec Gar P226 magazines I have FTFEED often. This isn't just these magazines. I have owned Mec Gar magazines for a 92fs and a Mark 3 and it does it on ALL of them.

Anyone know how to fix this? 3rd time is not the charm with Mec Gar in my experience. :mad::confused:

I have never seen a failure of any kind with a Mecgar.
No offense intended, but I would blame the Taurus or shooter's grip first.

Mec Gar makes top-quality magazines and is an OEM manufacturer for many manufacturers' pistols, including some from SIG Sauer, Beretta, Walther, Ruger, S&W, Canik, and others. As far as Mec Gar-branded magazines, I have them for my P226, P228, Hi-Powers (MK. II & Mk. III), and CZ-75, and they all work.

As mentioned, I own a few Mec Gar-branded P226 magazines and they function flawlessly in my West German P226. My brother has a few for his Mk.25, and they function flawlessly as well.

My guess is that Taurus has oversold the mag compatibility of the G2C.

Last edited:
I have Mec-Gar magazines for my Beretta 92 FS and for multiple different SIG Sauer pistols. I have never had a problem with any of them.

Never had a problem with Sig, S&W, or Kel Tec Mec-Gar standard capacity magazines.

The only Mec Gar problems that I've ever had were with the flush +2 mags for the S&W 59 series and the flush +2 mags for the Kel Tec P11. Once the springs get a little wear on them, they have a problem with fully loading to 17 (S&W) and 12 (Kel Tec). It's not only due to the spring that compresses INTO itself, it's also the follower that is smaller than OEM for the extended mags.

Picked up a G2C recently, and the Mec Gar P226 magazines I have FTFEED often. This isn't just these magazines. I have owned Mec Gar magazines for a 92fs and a Mark 3 and it does it on ALL of them.

Anyone know how to fix this? 3rd time is not the charm with Mec Gar in my experience. :mad::confused:
The great majority of us have never had issues with Mec Gar and you have had issues with three different guns. Maybe the issue is not the magazine but the user.

Mec Gar makes top-quality magazines and is an OEM manufacturer for many manufacturers' pistols, including some from SIG Sauer, Beretta, Walther, Ruger, S&W, Canik, and others. As far as Mec Gar-branded magazines, I have them for my P226, P228, Hi-Powers (MK. II & Mk. III), and CZ-75, and they all work.

As mentioned, I own a few Mec Gar-branded P226 magazines and they function flawlessly in my West German P226. My brother has a few for his Mk.25, and they function flawlessly as well.

My guess is that Taurus has oversold the mag compatibility of the G2C.

I haven't seen Taurus even mention it. And MecGar explicitly says those mags aren't for the G2C (here, and here).

*This magazine will not work in Taurus PT-111 G2 pistols

It's folks on the Innernet saying it works. And you know how that goes.

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. I may try it, one of these months, if my shniny new G2C holds up.

Actually, I had been warned about MEC not doing well with Taurus. (I think I had read on the Taurus boards, was quite a while ago) I too own a G2C and purchased spare magazines from Taurus, same with my 709. Sorry but your answer is to buy direct from Taurus. They just don't play well with third party vendors.

Sorry for the late post.

But the issue is the same with all my magazines in all my guns.
The bullet aims up and gets stuck. It doesn't chamber, it misses the feeding ramp. I read online it was the follower causing this problem.

For a few weeks I left the magazine loaded for the p226 magazines. Will be going to the range in a week or two to test it again.

I didn't get to shoot the g2c today but I shot the mark iii and both of the mecgar magazines did this and also stoved piped into the roof of the chamber area.

Attachments

• mecgar.jpg
    mecgar.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 40
I think the point by the OP is that he has multiple MecGar magazines for multiple pistols and besides not working in the G2C they also don't work in the pistols they were meant for. The malfunction shown is, from what I gather, indicative of the malfunctions he's getting with the other pistols and serves as a reference for us.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

You cannot extrapolate .22 mag issues into a discussion on 9mm semi mags, way too many different variables at play.

You cannot extrapolate .22 mag issues into a discussion on 9mm semi mags, way too many different variables at play.
It's not extrapolation if he's getting the same issues with both. He simply has a picture of the 22 to show us, but not the 9mm.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Back