McCain's VP Choice

Ken, given the recent birth of the Palins' child (with Down's Syndrome) do you think she's still interested? I think she'd be a great choice...

Shes back to work already :)

WildtherisnobetterpickAlaska ™

Something to keep in mind is that at McCain's age there is a good chance that natural causes will take the old boy during a first or second term. A president Condi would leave the Jesse Jacksons of this world out of a job and sputtering for a way to blame "the man" oops I mean the black woman in the White House. ;) She's also very strongly pro 2nd Amendment, pro defense, and has far more brains than her current boss or any of the candidates running for president. As long as she is pro gun and a fiscal conservative I don't care about what she feels about social issues. I just wish she'd run for the top spot on the ticket.

If McCain is to win this fall he needs to select a lady of color as his running mate. Mariah Carey and Toni Braxton come to mind. :D

Mariah Carey

There is a guy that knows his politics. A few years ago I used to go to the Chicago Tool show. Industry tools, etc. Hundreds of booths. Only one booth hand standing room only out into about three aisles. All of the demonstrators were girls in bikinis....men just have no taste. They out sold all the other booths combined. I could see the men as they arrived home. Yes honey I really needed these new tools.:D

Unfortunatel, Dr. Rice seems very adamant about going back to private life and wanting to be the NFL commissioner.

Unfortunately, Senator Thompson seems more worried about his trophy wife.

Fortunately, McCain is unlikely to make through his Presidency... at least that is what I tell myself as I think about the possiblity of voting for John Fricken McAmnesty.

has far more brains than her current boss or any of the candidates running for president

lol. That's not much of an accomplishment. I can think of more than one Golden Retreiver who could fit that bill....

Beretta686 said:
I think picking someone like Huckabee would be political suicide given that he only appeals to a limited subsection of America (i.e.-evangelical Christians) and pretty much scares the hell out of everyone else. Moderates would flee to the Dems.
Huckabee "scaring the hell out of" me is an understatement. If Huckabee is the Republican VP, I may vote for Obama (assuming he gets nominated).

And Mitt "Magic Underwear" Romney would do pretty much the same thing, given his high "creepo" factor in his inability to make up his mind about anything.
Sort of like McCain himself?

Q: “What about grants for sex education in the United States? Should they include instructions about using contraceptives? Or should it be Bush’s policy, which is just abstinence?”

Mr. McCain: (Long pause) “Ahhh. I think I support the president’s policy.”

Q: “So no contraception, no counseling on contraception. Just abstinence. Do you think contraceptives help stop the spread of HIV?”

Mr. McCain: (Long pause) “You’ve stumped me.”

Q: “I mean, I think you’d probably agree it probably does help stop it?”

Mr. McCain: (Laughs) “Are we on the Straight Talk express? I’m not informed enough on it. Let me find out. You know, I’m sure I’ve taken a position on it on the past. I have to find out what my position was. Brian, would you find out what my position is on contraception – I’m sure I’m opposed to government spending on it, I’m sure I support the president’s policies on it.”
source: http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/03/16/mccain-stumbles-on-hiv-prevention/

Great. He's sure he's a social conservative and he's sure Bush is right, but he's not sure whether condoms reduce transmission of HIV. That's definitely the person I want running the country.

Failboat.jpg

why are people so anti mccain? hes a pro gun guy
Whoa! Google up "John McCain" +"gunshow loophole" and you will be treated to the single-most Stalinist piece of legislation I've ever seen. McCain wrote the bill and it would have singlehandedly shut down gunshows, period. It would have turned anyone who exhibited at gunshows into criminal suspects.

Hint: in evaluating politicians rely on two channels of information: what they have DONE in the past, and second, who they use as advisors. Pay no attention to what they SAY.

mccain stands a good chance, especially if the dems battle it out to the end and alienate their own party further, mccain is looking at an electoral college victory, if not popular vote.

"Hint: in evaluating politicians rely on two channels of information: what they have DONE in the past, and second, who they use as advisors. Pay no attention to what they SAY"

Bingo!!! You have got it. McCain tried to ram that so-called "gun show loophole" bill up the butts of gun owners. If elected president, he will carry on with his anti-gun agenda: Look for some more executive orders and administrative actions restricting the importation of guns and ammo like the ones that Bush I and Bill Clinton pulled off.

Back