McCain leads 46 percent to 40 percent in a hypothetical matchup against Obama

difficult poll to interpret in one sense

I find it difficult to predict the effectiveness of the poll when it accounts for two Democrats and one Republican in the race. I would have to believe there is a factor for when it gets down to one Democrat and one Republican. That appears to indicate some polling issues when it comes to accuracy. Maybe it doesn't.

As far as the self destruct predictions on the board I'd say history indicates it is not over till it is over.

That would be an issue if the results were more 'which of the three' instead of head to head with each candidate.

McCain is the only Republican candidate that has consistantly beat these two in head to head polling for the last year or so. At the peak of Obama's love train was the short period when he slipped.

McCain isn't an enthusiastically supported nominee to say the least. The Democrat candidates are even less appealing.

So what to do right........

Well it's fact time, pros and cons. It's best when making judgments on things with alot of variables to look at it from the worse case scenario. Let's say that the candidate elected performs the acts you most wish they wouldn't but were aware they either intended to or it matched their track records.

McCain allows the Bush tax cuts to expire and maintains the open border polocies of today and even passes a 'cabon tax' . The result would be a failed re-election bid and a new crop of Republicans to choose from in 4 years that can cut taxes again and close the border. Essentially un-doing whatever McCain may do that his successor disapproves of and has mandate to accomplish.

Hillary or Obama (same platform with minor variances) you STLL get the taxes and illeagal imigrations PLUS more gun control AND socialized medicine. Probably in a seemingly benign form initially but the fix gets in. This single action will become an the entitlement program that makes Social Security look like small potatoes and will be impossible to undo. Social Security benefits are received by a few but health care is to be received by ALL. That's the promise of both Democrats. Imagine getting retirees to vote to have Social Security halted and their benefits ended. How much more difficult to have that happen when the entitlement is received by everyone.

It's time to look to our Congressional races. The reality is only your House Representative represent you and is expected to act based upon the will of the majority of individuals withing their district. Senators are to Represent their State's interest and the President the Nations interests. We are a Republic remember, NOT a Democracy as is so often misunderstood. We have a Democratically Elected Representative Republic which is a form of Democracy.

Remember, a straight DEMOCRACY cannot work because the citizens will discover the ability to vote themselves the wealth of the treasury (we call them entitlements) and destroy the democracy. Historically a dictator or invader follows soon after.

Reagan and Goldwater are still dead and their reincarnations didn't run this cycle. The conservative ideal still endures and will take a lot more then John McCain's election to stifle. It's not an 'idea' that can lose favor but rather an affirmation of the greater part of men that believes people can do far more then they think they can and possess a worth realized only be their OWN desire to excel rather then to languish.

When given a choice that is fraught with variables, make your decisions so as to maintain an exit strategy.

I think Americans are far too war fatigued for that to happen. It would take Iran directly attacking us on American soil and openly taking sole responsibility. It will take something that serious and undeniable to get a war with Ian started.

Bruxley, I think there is a core group in America who are non-thinking enough to accept the propaganda being drummed up against Iran. There are those in the Council on Foreign Relations who wish to have conflict in the Middle East and the Trotskyites/Neocons are pressing for conflict as is the leadership in Israel.

It won't matter who would be behind another 9/11-type of event. The target has been predetermined (just as Iraq was mentioned IMMEDIATELY by members in the Bush Admin on 9/11).

McCain would do the bidding of the Ghouls who would see to it that we are at war with Iran which could very well draw Russia and China against us. I know many will immediately claim, "there's no way Russia would challenge us". My response to them is: Yeah, well, bet YOUR life and YOUR life ONLY on that, please.

Very 'revealing' post Chui.

Could you tell me what organizatin these Neocons belong to. Surly if there is actually a genuine NeoCon political movement there exists an organization that states they are based on it.

When I see 'neocons', 'Trotskis', and conspiracy theories given as substance for a point I'm afraid I just dismiss the rest of the post. I suspect that for other members that response is also more common then not.

The puppetmasters won't get the lemmings to go along with another imperialist war of plunder to advance their evil adgenda unless they successfully conspire to have Iran strike a mighty blow on the infel hords and openly claim their glorious acomplishment as thier own labors.

Are we speaking the same language now.....:p

The puppetmasters won't get the lemmings to go along with another imperialist war of plunder to advance their evil adgenda unless they successfully conspire to have Iran strike a mighty blow on the infel hords and openly claim their glorious acomplishment as thier own labors.

The puppetmasters don't need to get the lemmings to go along. The lemmings already oppose Iraq, but we are still there. As long as people don't protest and riot, they can oppose the war in the polls all they want. And as long as the NFL season isn't delayed, and as long as Wal Mart shelves remained stocked with cheap Chinese imports, they won't riot.

1 in 5 Dems say they'll defect to McCain if their candidate loses..

Poll: Divisive Dem Contest Could Boost McCain

I agree with the 'it's too early to say ' people, I mean after all it's 8 months till the election. However things on the political landscape sure have changed in the last week.

Israel wants McCain to be president, at least according to Haaretz, so that should help his finance problems.

The best of all possible presidents

American voters (such selfish types) are also concerned with issues of economy and society, spirit and atmosphere, which may tip the balance in favor of whoever becomes the Democratic candidate, whether Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama. But as far as Israel is concerned, and in view of the candidates' current positions - no one is better than McCain.

Gee that is selfish of us to be worrying about our own country instead of Israel.

Odd that one of the arguments from the Democrats is to seek international alliances then to hold such an alliance up as disparaging.

Other nations are all going to pontificate and hold some candidates as their respective hopeful winners whether publicly or not.

What does it say about one's attitude to hold Israel's endorsement as a perceived negative. In fact, to consistently, regardless of the topic, hold any Israeli impact as insidious.

Is Israel not a strong US ally?

What is being said of the Democrat stance and that of OBL being so parallel?

Don't go there right?

The Republicans only ever had just one chance this time around. The only way they could win the Presidency was if the Democrats nominated a brain-dead, Liberal nutjob. Well, they've got two of them as front-runners. They would have blown the Republican nominee away if they'd produced a candidate acceptable to the nation as a whole, but they're having too much fun. They might still win, but they've handed the Republicans a chance.

The best thing for the Republicans (I think) would be if Hillary still figures out a way to win dirty at the convention. If she comes out as the nominee after Obama's been dangled in front of African-Americans for six months, it's very possible that the Democrats' most reliable constituency will just stay home. That could have gigantic down-ballot consequences favorable to the Republicans.

Back