Maybe there is no hope

Brux's point is that, for all of the media adoration of Obama, McCain is statistically tied with Obama among likely voters. Which is a big deal, because despite the media's love affair with Obama, despite the massive crowds of people who love to hear Obama speak, likely voters are split between the two.

However, the polls don't mean much, even now. We have not even had a single debate between the two candidates. The race has not even gotten into full swing. Obama's outstanding speaking skills have not gotten him beyond the 60% mark among likely voters; I'm not sure if likely voters are starting to realize that Obama is excellent at saying a whole lot of non-specific nothing, or what the deal is.

We'll see what happens. It is interesting that it is still McCain's race to lose, because it indicates that among likely voters, the democratic talking point of "McCain is just another Bush" isn't sticking. Because if it were, Obama would be significantly ahead of McCain among likely voters. Or perhaps likely voters are just as (or even more) unhappy with the demos in Congress as they are with the President. And Obama is a demo in Congress.

It is a very interesting race, isn't it? I wonder what Hillary is thinking right now? We'll have to see what McCain does. Like I said, I still think that it's McCain's race to lose. Which is why the neo-libs are desperate to convince everyone that McCain is just another Bush, and that McCain doesn't have any chance, so Republicans might as well not even vote. ;)

But, the press is largely comprised of sharks
I hope you're right, but so far they've been acting like Politically Correct robot Obama-nannies deliberately blind to B Hussein's abundant wrongheadedness and stupidity.

I know several conservatives that have had it with Bush and the Republicans who say they will vote for Obama in Nov.

Your and my understanding of the term "conservative" must be very different.

Best

S-

Vito: You didn't say if your friend has always voted for Democrats? Most people I've met that hate Bush that much are Democrats anyway.

Back