Matching factory loads point of impact.

Given all the little details involved in making my own loads shoot consistently I’d think the difficulty in duplicating a factory round not knowing all of these little details would be quite tricky. Good luck, you’ve taken on quite a challenge.
I don't know if i will succeed, but if i learn something it will be worth the effort. Looking forward to get started.

There's no voodoo in barrel time. If it made no difference, barrel tuners wouldn't work or be load-sensitive, and Audette ladders would never develop stringing tight spots on a target. What can make it seem irrelevant is that the range of barrel times around sweet spots can sometimes be pretty generous in some gun and load combinations and not others. I've seen tight spots as narrow as 1.4% of charge and as wide as almost 6% of charge. It also matters a great deal what the recoil moment magnitude on firing is. Some bullpup designs can exhibit so little off-barrel-axis recoil that they are relatively insensitive to load variation and barrel time. Obviously, a barrel in a heavy universal receiver would be the same way.

I put dope table on stamp-size piece of paper. I tape it in the scope cover cup or on the stock. It is probably easier to have one for each load, instead of trying to make different loads shoot the same. Components are hard to get and expensive. Keeping things simple saves money.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back