Match Rifle

Ref: Spotting Scopes, yes they are necessary and critical. I would recommend 20-24 power. Anymore and mirage washes out the target, any less you cant see your bullet holes at 200-300 yards. I mean your bullet holes not the spotters the pit crew put in the target.

Many shooters fire the first two rounds during rapid fire, then, uses the scope to see if there are any last sec, corrections needed, while loading your second mag.

Like I said, 20-24 power. When I was coaching we had a 100 MM team scope. I threw away the 30 X eye piece to keep people from putting it in the scope. I stuck with the 20X.

But yes, the spotting scope is a critical piece of equipment. You deffently need one for reading mirage at 600 & 1000. I dont see how you can get by without one.

He is 100% correct. 20-25 power is perfect. Less and you can't see your bullet holes and more, unless you have a really high dollar scope and sometimes even then,the mirage gets so bad you can't see anything.

Now for a good scope that will not cost you a small fortune I reccomend the Konus 20-60-80mm or the 100mm.

The first time I saw a Konus it was right beside a $800 Kowa on the 600 yard line at a HP match.

I checked out the 600 yard targets with them both and I could bearly see any difference that would make me want to pay so much more for the Kowa.

Back