Marlin XL7 Starts Shipping Dec 1

I agree first...synthetic guns have their place among the hunting community but nothing turns me on to a rifle better then sweet grained Walnut and a nice satin finish. It looks sharp, the fit and finish a little rough, but functionality is definitely key. I wish they offered more calibers though :(...

IMO the thing looks like a cross between a Browning A-Bolt, Savage and a touch of Mauser perhaps...interesting little cross-breed I guess.

Well, nothing proves more then actual proof tests not the funded magazine reviews. We shall see if Marlin has a jewel or not!?!?

F-C

Does anyone know if it is a 3 postion safety (locks bolt) and what type of bolt face it has (push feed or mauser)?

Wow another bolt action
yawning.gif

Now if Marlin ever grew the stones to make an AK or AR clone, then that would be interesting ;).

Interesting, but yeah, I wish Marlin would come up with a competitor to the Mini-14.

I'll keep an eye out for XL7 reviews in the coming months. As they say, "The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

- Sr.

I think it looks ok. I love the 25-06. However, and I don't care if anyone gets angry, but it sounds like Marlin is trying to build a Savage rifle and put their name on it. They have a right to their own trigger. They have a right to a barrel nut system. They have a right to pillar bedding, button rifling and everyone has recessed crowns. Savage has kicked rear with these features for years and has the best value plus some snazzy models. I hope Marlin does well with this, we need a lot of variety. This rifle is nothing"new". It is a copy of "MY" opinion of the best factory rigs out there. This should make it very successful, but it will not come close to killing a brand like Savage. Hopefully they can co-exist. More variety. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

it sounds like Marlin is trying to build a Savage rifle and put their name on it. They have a right to their own trigger. They have a right to a barrel nut system.

I _assume_ Savage put up some type of patent for the Acu-Trigger. For all we know, Marlin may well be paying them to use it. If they could use the design for a $5 license fee per rifle, it seems like it would be well worth it.

Gregg

Back