Marlin XL7 Starts Shipping Dec 1

Wildalaska

They will be in 30-06, 270, 25-06, synthetic or APG camo, just blue for now. MSRP $325 black, $356 in the camo.

Brochure to be posted shortly. Street price in the low 3s

WildmondayinsanityAlaska TM

synthetic or APG camo

I assume that means "synthetic black or synthetic APG camo"???

Give me wood or give me death...or at least gimme a Mossy 4x4, if'n I'm gonna get a good "budget rifle"

But thanks for the info.

Does anybody know if these are being made in Connecticut at the Marlin plant or are they from H&R / NEF, now that Marlin owns them....

If its a H&R / NEF it might be from China like their "Pardner" shoutguns.

Smitty

According to the rep made in USA.

These rifles, like the Mossberg, are designed to beat Savage at the low end.

Savage is gonna take a licking up here in Alaska since they have no service center here. Marlin does.

WildusAlaska ™

I saw a picture that showed it has an "Accu-Trigger" style trigger, I don't know if it's an exact copy of the Accu-trigger or if they changed it just enough not to get in trouble with the Savage lawyers...

I cant seem to find an article or picture of the rifle anywhere. I see websites suposedly selling them (pre orders, i assume? ) yet they dont have a picture or a detailed description either.

I cant speak for all of you, but personally, I'd have a hard time buying a rifle I'd never seen or even heard about. Why's marlin being so hush-hush about this?

I've been a fan of marlin rifles since i started shooting. I've got all intentions of buying one of the XL7s in the very near future. But I wont buy until marlin at least shows me what it looks like.

I have the PDF brochure, but its too big for upload
Send me an email and I will passit around...maybe someone else can host it

WildjustgimmeafewminutesandicanhookyaupAlaska ™

XL7 pics

Here are a couple snapshots. Thanks Ken, If you ever come down to Texas look me up. bill@tmsguns.com
xl7-1.jpg

xl7-3.jpg

xl7-2.jpg

Thanks for the into, dejr.

If nothing else, this offering is a testament to the continued popularity of the .25-'06 rem cartridge, and to the apparently strong sales (market) in the American-made, discounted price turnbolt area (poor man's deer rifles), what with Mossberg's 2 lines, Rem 710/770, Rem SPS, and Stephens, plus now this one. Looks like turnbolts' demand curve is highly elastic to price at this lower end.

The action looks a wee bit like a Browning A-bolt.

That trigger definitely looks like it's flirting with the extreme edge of an intellectual property lawsuit from Savage.

"Barrel Nut Construction": Are we to understand that this makes barrel-swapping a breeze?

"Accuracy Assured" is not nearly as good as "Accuracy Guaranteed" like the Tikka or Sub-MOA Vanguard. Assurance is not a "guarantee", so it's nothing as far as I'm concerned. If they shoot well, they shoot well, but they're not going cause me to run out and buy one from an "assurance".

Also too bad they didn't offer the .25-'06 with a 1 in 9 twist instead of 1 in 10".

Myself, I'm still yawning until a nice walnut stock is slapped on a submodel.

Its a good looking rifle! I cant wait till some reviews start coming out. I hope eventually one is offered with a hardwood or laminate stock. If its an accurate rifle, that price is very hard to beat.

Back