Marlin .357/.38

Hoppy the best thing I did to make my Marlins feed more smootly was to break the sharp edge on the back of the barrel that leads into the chamber. Sort of like when someone has a radius added to the charge holes on a revolver cylinder to make it easier to use speed loaders. I have no idea why Marlin left such a sharp edge on the rear of those barrels.

I have a 1894C in .357 that is a 2006 (or maybe a 2007) that is a great gun. Shoots nice and is put together nicely. I also purchased an 1895 in 45-70 in November of 2015, and it is certainly built as well as my 10 year old 1894. Blued nicely, good metal to wood fit, sights on straight, screws not buggered up and has cycled about 150 rounds of mostly handloads completely smoothly. Hopefully this is an indication of current quality. Completely happy with both of my Marlins! Would certainly try another of new manufacture.

Last July I was actually on the way to look at a Henry Steel in 357 and came upon a used Marlin 357 with a "JM" marked barrel. I think it is 2008 production. The price was right so I picked it up. Shoots pretty good the few times I have fired it. There is a hang up on feeding into the chamber at times and some seriously sloppy machine work on the inside of the lever. I still might add the Henry later.

Attachments

• marlin 357 mag.jpg
    marlin 357 mag.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 28
Back