Marlin 1894

seeing a young man shoot his friend thru the leg while unloading his 30-30 lever action on a cold wet day after a deer drive in the 70,s(I know he broke several safety rules), but a used post 83 safety would have prevented it. that man still has a horrible limp and is lucky to be alive. I own and use both types of rifles, but prefer the post 83 type lever actions.

There is an instinct for many to blame problems on things other than themselves !! :mad: I watched a ne hunter , at the end of the day have an ND .He immediately said " it went off by itself " . I immediately said " BS I was watching and you had your finger on the trigger "

How I wish I had bought 2 Rossi 92's 16" barrel in 44 mag while they were still available; by far the most easy and fun quick handling of any type of rifle I have. Now that they aren't importing them anymore--I can't get my brain around why nobody else hasn't picked up on issuing the same kind of gun at the same weight level.

seeing a young man shoot his friend thru the leg while unloading his 30-30 lever action on a cold wet day after a deer drive in the 70,s(I know he broke several safety rules), but a used post 83 safety would have prevented it.
Not pointing a rifle at his friend would have prevent it.
Having a safety likely wouldn't have made a difference, since most people willing to point a loaded rifle at another person don't bother wasting their time to engage a safety.

that man still has a horrible limp and is lucky to be alive. I own and use both types of rifles, but prefer the post 83 type lever actions.
I hope he reevaluated his life choices and redefined whom he considers a "friend"...

Stagpanther I might agree with you there. I saw a new Rossi 92 in a LGS in .44 the other day and may have to go back and pick it up. The action was butter-smooth.

In the other hand. I saw a new 1894c 16” at another LGS (but didn’t handle it) that also has me tempted.

Decisions, decisions...

Stagpanther I might agree with you there. I saw a new Rossi 92 in a LGS in .44 the other day and may have to go back and pick it up. The action was butter-smooth.
If you won't buy it--I will (assuming it's reasonably priced) just PM where the shop is.:D Replace the front site with a williams fire sight and the rear with a marbles bullseye sight and at just under 5lbs it's one of the sweetest authoritative lever carbine you'll ever shoot.;)

Check out a Browning (Miroku) Model 92 replica in 44 Magnum. They don't import those anymore either, but you can still find NIB ones on GunBroker sometimes.

Back