Making one's own parts

Pistolmissingfor40years.jpg

Paulshootingmuzzleloadercirca1972-1_zps2c3682f9.jpg

My youngest brother saw a muzzle loader 1849 pistol in his Jr High library, so he made one.

He did not know about leaf springs. He used auto shoe brake springs from our garage in the locking mechanism.

Everything like this would be lost in 40 years, but our other brother recently found it in his basement full of junk.

I took his picture when he was a teeny bobber shooting, because it made so much smoke. He has more belly and less hair now.

One more.
002_zpsch1ra6lz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is a 7.62x39 bolt gun I put together years ago before there was any around. I started with a cut/welded Type99 Arisaka receiver. It accepts Ruger mini 30 magazines. I made the bolt complete. It is somewhat of a "Mauser square bolt" design so it would strip rounds from a magazine. The extractor is a "Finger" type as on Russian bolt guns. The barrel is a reworked Arisaka barrel. @ 100 yards it is very accurate. Never bothered to go to a longer range because it is a brush/mountain gun for me. Never jammed on me and I have knocked a few deer down with it, one a head shot. I trust the accuracy on it that much. Clark, I know you like the Russian bolts and I wish I would have taken pictures of one I did over to 30-40. Anybody else have weird project guns on film?

attachment.php

10 years ago when BIG5 had VZ24 rifles for $74 out the door, I wanted to make a sniper rifle. So the bolt handle got really long.

link below same as pic above

Attachments

• VZ24 Parker Hale 300WM Wisner Safety TIG weld bolt Timberline laminated Vari XII 3x9x50 Kick Eaz.jpg
    VZ24 Parker Hale 300WM Wisner Safety TIG weld bolt Timberline laminated Vari XII 3x9x50 Kick Eaz.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 96
Back