mag reload issue

I've never broken a Glock mag by dropping it or stepping on it. I've done it thousands of times. Even so they're pretty cheap. I wouldn't worry about it.

After much practice with different styles/ideas I got it figured out. I used my weak hand to turn pistol and it allows mag to fall free.
Thanks for all input y'all.
Keith

countryboy12v said:
After much practice with different styles/ideas I got it figured out. I used my weak hand to turn pistol and it allows mag to fall free....
Sounds like you're on your way to developing some very bad habits. In doing a speed reload, you should not be using your weak hand for anything but getting the new magazine, inserting it and racking the slide to slingshot it into battery from slide lock (preferred) or hit the slide stop to drop the slide.

To see some well executed speed reloads see this video and this video.

If someone has trouble reaching the magazine release, one can learn to shift the gun slightly as shown in this video.

This is how I have been doing it in competetion and training, get the gun and magazine up in your face so you can see what you are doing and get it done. I always reload in my face while looking at the BG or moving to the next set of targets in IPSC. Looking at targets in IDPA means looking for cover for the reload. That adds time and maybe life to the stage.

Tape a needle to the bottom of the mag sticking out the back.
That should shortly train your big #*% paws to stay out of the way :p

Actually sounds like you need a bigger gun, I have 2 guns that have been given to me by friends with the same problem of massive hands. One was a 380, It's amazing he didn't shoot his finger off with it as it was so small you could not see it in his hand, his banna finger barley fit in the trigger guard.

One got a revolver the other has a full size 40 that fits their hands so problem solved.

I give a good home to all stray's --- just saying :D

Back