Madonna Endorses Obama, compares him to Ghandi, McCain to Hitler

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Who is this mad-donna and why does her opinion matter?"

Her opinion matters for the same reason that Obama and McCain will do The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, and other non-political venues. There are people who will cast their votes based upon what celebrities have to say, or how funny a candidate is. Or how he plays the saxophone, or whether he wears boxers or briefs.

Wow, she must be running out of lines, disappointing for someone who writes them for a living. Hmm, let's see, a famous historical person to compare her to...Caligula?

Who is this mad-donna and why does her opinion matter?

She is the author of the mid '90s thriller cum (that pun is unintended!)romance graphic novel/coffee table book titled Sex. Her in depth studies undertaken in order craft this literary/visual arts masterpiece eminently qualify her to make the distinction between Obama and McCain as well as see the subtle (Oh so SUBTLE!) parallels between McCain and Adolf Hitler. Do what she says, making the distinction between Obama goodness and McCain evil is far beyond your pay grade.

"Who is this mad-donna and why does her opinion matter?"

From about 1983 to 1992 she was the hottest female pop-rock star that there was.

She is now sort of a has-been at age 50. Yet, she still manages to rake in huge amounts of money from new albums and concerts.

She is so extremely wealthy that she even has her own record company. So she has no problem at all in getting her new music published. :)

"She just gave her endorsement at the start of her current world wide concert tour, at a concert in the UK."

"I find it most strange that Madonna is telling Americans how to vote, in light of the fact that she moved her legal residence to the UK many years ago, after marrying Guy Ritchie. Is that not rather ironic?"

I agree with you, but given that the concert was held in the UK, I find the most ironic part being that she seemed to be telling the UK how Americans should vote.:confused:

Regarding her multinational citizenship, I think Malawi got the best deal:

A. She's not from there and therefor does not give Malawians a bad name.

B. She doesn't live there, so they won't have to put up with the woman.

C. She gives Malawi money now and then, instead of taking it from not-so-clever Europeans and Americans foolish enough to buy her records.

D. The chances of her doing a country-wide tour of Malawi are precisely zilch.

"MILLT" - Brilliant, must remember that one...

TheBluesMan, She's the old British African American in the hat in LanceOregons picture.;)

So far, she is oh for two. She endorsed:

-Hillary Clinton this season.
-Wesley Clark during the 2004 election season.

From about 1983 to 1992 she was the hottest female pop-rock star that there was.

She is now sort of a has-been at age 50. Yet, she still manages to rake in huge amounts of money from new albums and concerts.

She is so extremely wealthy that she even has her own record company. So she has no problem at all in getting her new music published.

Madonna's ability to generate income is about as relevant to me as a drug dealer's ability to generate income. :eek:

So many of these "artists" are fascistic demagogues at heart, exploiting the emotions of the masses. That is what they do for a living. In that sense they aren't that different from Hitler, who knew how to work a crowd even better than Mick Jagger.

Madonna has been selling S&M for decades. S&M isn't about emancipation, it's about slavery.

Madonna is about as well qualified to endorse a candidate as she is to be pope.

Sad part of it is that there's people who actually pay attention to her and all the other Hollywood types that consider it their job to help the less well informed select candidates.

If it was her intent to make those comparisons she should be ashamed.

Neither men are saints and neither men are villains. Neither deserve to be Compared to Dr. King, Ghandi, or the like and neither deserve to be compared to Hitler.

They are both men of great egos who are not what you would call "selfless" by any means...but they are also men of means who could simply live lives of leisure but instead choose to try and help in the best way they think they can do so.

Between these two men I can honestly say that I think they are thinking men who have the best interests of the country at heart. I can not extend that to the current administration.

Not surprised...

It sounds just about as I expect out of Madonna...

I guess forgetting to take the brass bra out of the
freezer to warm up must make one a little testy...:rolleyes:

Madonna who??? Which swing band did she sing in front of?? Dorsey brothers, Glenn Miller, Artie Shaw?? Did she ever duet with Frank?

Madonna who??? Which swing band did she sing in front of?? Dorsey brothers, Glenn Miller, Artie Shaw?? Did she ever duet with Frank?

No, but she did a very famous duet with Britney a few years ago:

The weird thing is, that after doing that duet with Madonna, Britney's professional and personal life both took a major nose dive.

Was this perhaps the kiss of death to her success and happiness??

This photo does also look a bit odd, since Madonna is nearly twice Britney's age. Yet Madonna looked far more fit and healthy at that performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I just discovered that McCain does have Hollywood celebrities that have endorsed him.

Here is a list provided by the McCain campaign. Is it not a bit odd, don't you think, that campaigns even focus on stuff like this??

Anyway, here are McCain's celebrity cheerleaders:

Stephen Baldwin
Pat Boone
Wilford Brimley
Dean Cain
Jon Cryer
Robert Duvall
Angie Harmon
Patricia Heaton
Lorenzo Lamas
Craig T. Nelson
Gail O’Grady
Jason Sehorn
Gary Sinise
Jon Voight

I guess everyone else in Hollywood supports Obama.

Anyway, here are McCain's celebrity cheerleaders:

Stephen Baldwin
Pat Boone
Wilford Brimley
Dean Cain
Jon Cryer
Robert Duvall
Angie Harmon
Patricia Heaton
Lorenzo Lamas
Craig T. Nelson
Gail O’Grady
Jason Sehorn
Gary Sinise
Jon Voight

I would like to know where you are getting the info that these actors are supporting McCain. Duvall, Boone, and Voight are the only ones that I know that are supporting McCain. The rest have not made any announcement on who they are supporting. But I would suspect after reading their bios on the net, that they would support Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back