Made some smoke yesterday...what's your fav PB pistol?

My favorite is my original Remington NMA. Just seems to work better than the repros.

photo87_zps3e11c74d.jpg

those target flints are pretty cool... what kind of groups can you shoot with those??? curious if not only fighting the "normal" black powder issues with accuracy if you are able to over come the hang time with a handgun???

I have an old CVA 36 caliber flint lock rifle, that I find actually accurate enough to shoot squirrels... but think it would be tougher to do with a pistol...

also curious if those were available in a bigger bore like 45 caliber??? though they look like they could be built from a rifle, with a little work... MRS cousin has a black powder competition shoot in the spring, & something along those lines might be fun to play with...

I forgot, I still have one,,,

Heck! Dont let that stop ya!! Thats why they make conversions!!

Course, you dont have anything to convert now !!! Dang!!!!

I forgot that I still have my Uberti 1858 Remington Revolving Carbine,,,
I have thought about converting that into a centerfire,,,
But I know absolutely nothing about how to do it.

Would it convert to .44 Special?

Aarond

I forgot that I still have my Uberti 1858 Remington Revolving Carbine,,,
I have thought about converting that into a centerfire,,,
But I know absolutely nothing about how to do it.

Would it convert to .44 Special?

Converted mine to 45Colt with a Howell's conversion cylinder, 5 shot. Takes the same conversion cylinder as any Uberti 1858 revolver.

Thanks for the info gentlemen,,,

Thanks for the info gentlemen,,,
I've always enjoyed shooting this carbine,,,
I just hated the huge clean-up process it requires.

I sent an e-mail to Howell's,,,
Hopefully they have something that fits this gun.

Even though all I need is another danged ammo-eating thing. :o

Aarond

the 45 should be drop in easy, & the 44 more of a custom rifle venture... I love 45 Colt as much as the 44 Special, so... easy, might win out for me on this one...;)

You can get the Flint pistols in any caliber you want. 32's are preferred .
The 10 ring on this target is about 3 inches dia. I shot this several years ago.

2006_0926Image0005-1.jpg

Went out for another "smoke break" this morning again :D

Same ball and felt wads @ 15 paces, but bumped up to 30grs of swiss from 25grs for a little more urah ;). This pistols preference if defiantly 25grs.

squares on the target are 1"

Looks like fun and nice shooting! No, not looks, ... it is fun!!!! :D ....

Since you asked, my favorite BP revolver is one of my Ruger Old Armys. Had it tuned, so has a very nice trigger on it now and action is as slick as butter.... Marvel every time I pick it up...

RugerOldArmySS14800161_1_zps269b29a2.jpg

Back