M1924ck Bayonet?

skull/crossbones and "SS"

I just watched some early WWI/Poland footage. On the front hull of an 8 wheel Nazi armored car/scout vehicle is hand painted a white skull (w/jaw) and crossbones that looks very much like the emblem on the scabbard. Above the painted symbol was the typical SS runes.

I'm not saying what your dagger is or isn't, just that the symbol seems much like one I just saw in period footage.

I just watched some early WWI/Poland footage. On the front hull of an 8 wheel Nazi armored car/scout vehicle is hand painted a white skull (w/jaw) and crossbones that looks very much like the emblem on the scabbard. Above the painted symbol was the typical SS runes.

The 3rd SS Panzer Division "Totenkopf" (created 1 Nov 1939) used the SS skull & bones (Totenkopf) as their unit insignia. This was painted on their vehicles. Originally the same as the SS collar and cap badges (with the lower jaw), though there were variations as the war progressed.

There is one thing constant in all the versions of the Nazi era Totenkopf that I have seen, both SS and Army, on uniforms and on the vehicles, and that is that the skull does not face directly straight at the viewer. It faces slightly to the side. The skull faces slightly left as we look at the logo.

The Skull & bones disc on the pictured dagger/bayonet in question faces directly at the viewer. exactly like the classic "Jolly Rodger" pirate flag and the same as the skull & crossbones "Poison" warning label on some medicine bottles and other chemical containers.

Based on that, I believe the Skull & bones on the item in question is NOT the German Nazi era Totenkopf.

Back