M16, the ultimate infantry rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the Finns had excellent success with the Suomi SMG. Most of their fighting was relatively close (< 100 yards) so a Finn in an excellent position with 70 round drums would reap a hell of a toll. Swedish Suomi has nice long barrel (over 12") and has very good accuracy out to 100 yards at least.

Oooooohhh, M16 chambered in 8mm Kurz (German MP44 round). Now THAT would be some fun.

Last edited:
His brother (Marine) stormed Normandy.

No Marines in the European Theater. Check your facts.

He could have been one of the Marines assigned to the capital ships to give protection. There were quite a few of them.

yea supplies were low at Bastogne, as was ammo. the soldiers were in the foxholes almost costantley. I don't own either rifle so I cant say thing about their reliability. but from what ive read with the ar its 'if you take care of it it will take care of you'. well at Bastogne they might not have had the time or tools needed to maintain the ar. When the garand froze up the GI's urinated on it and it was good to go.

i think the m14 would be good, very little retraining since its basically an upgraded garand, and bring back extra colts for everyone without sidearms
mp5s and benelli m4s for trench clearing haha and barett 82s for vehicles and id love to see a stuka hit w/ a stinger

"No Marines in the European Theater. Check your facts."

You check your facts.

Marines were a small by very integral part of the European theater.

http://www.shsu.edu/~his_ncp/USMCETO.html

I can't find the citation right now, but if I recall correctly there were also some Marines who served as beach masters. By 1944 the Marines were THE experts on amphibious operations in the US military.

I guess I would take a phaser if the M14 were unavailable :cool:

kirk_phaser_2.jpg

I wonder how many of them would take the plastic AR you would try to hand them, as they walked in to Bastogne, and would leave their big 30'06 that is tried and true, made of wood and steel.

Maybe you should ask this guy...I love my carbine, but in a full out battle, I would much prefer an M16...

Attachments

• wehrmacht m1.jpg
    wehrmacht m1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 33
If I were at Bastogne I'd want smartwool socks, underarmor, really good gloves, waterproof outer layer, a blanket, and hot chocolate or soup.

anyone think a barett or that 20mm vulcan bolt gun would be sweet for taking out german vehicles?
By that date the only thing that a 20mm could take out would be an APC. Those would be the least of your worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back