M14 compared to M16

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the resources to deploy a cutting edge weapon system such as the SCAR and assuming it lives up to its promises (which SOCOM thinks it does) then that's the direction we should go.

You are so progressive, and that's great ... versions of the SCAR L&H do show promise, but why don't we just wait for hand held phasers.

You are so progressive, and that's great ... versions of the SCAR L&H do show promise, but why don't we just wait for hand held phasers.
Now you're just plain not making any sense. It would help to be a little more objective. The M14 is in service until a more modern system can be found and tested. We're not waiting another 200 years for phasers. I'm sure FN would be flattered at your analogy in comparing their rifle so something as futuristic as a phaser though.

I'm sure FN would be flattered at your analogy in comparing their rifle so something as futuristic as a phaser though.

:D

FNM0113m.jpg

HCQB: Less than 8 lbs unloaded

http://www.fnhusa.com/products/firearms/model.asp?mid=FNM0113&cid=FNC01&fid=FNF045&gid=FNG007

Last edited:
Someone put up a link to a after market stock for the M-14 recently that looked really good. Anyone know what that was?

Wow, that stock on the M1A is horrible. :) It looks like what they did to the mini-14's in Starship Troopers.

HEROCarbine1.JPG

If you want a modern rifle, buy one... don't take a beautiful classic like the M1A and wrap it in something so silly looking.

Last edited:
Actually I’ve been doing some research since I posted that and it looks like the Troy MCS is the way to go. I’m seeing reports that the Troy gives amazing accuracy improvements and better than the Sage. My only concern is the weight.

As for modern verses classic… well, like I said I’m looking for three things Durability, Reliability, Accuracy, and… OK 4 things, kinetic energy.

Yeah I saw that Bull Pup setup. Don’t know how it will work. It’s gotta change the balance and unless it makes improvements in the accuracy I don’t even really see the point.

If you want a modern rifle, buy one... don't take a beautiful classic like the M1A and wrap it in something so silly looking.

LOL that Bullpup movie prop is FUBAR :)

I much prefer the TROY MCS and the SAGE EBR over the old classic look.

ChiCom14-EBRs.jpg

If you want a rifle for classic looks, buy one ... but I'll buy function over looks any day of the week.
Anything less would be silly.

Last edited:
That Bull Pup setup is interesting, I’ll be curious to see what people have to say about it after they’ve been in use for a while. If it can deliver groups like those in that second link I might get real interested.

Just sitting here thinking about it, it would put most of the weight close to your own center of gravity so it might just handle real well. I wonder what the over all weight of it is.

I much prefer the TROY MCS and the SAGE EBR over the old classic look.
Top one, nice.

Bottom one, looks silly. I would laugh at a dude with that on the range. He would have tacti-cool clothing on, knee pads, helmet and a fake badge trying to play SWAT. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back