m1 garand....has arrived

Geez, you guys get "special treatment" or what? It took the gov't three months to process my paperwork before sending me the OK. Then I sent them $400 and it took them another three months to send me the rifle. But it came around Thanksgiving last year, was well worth the wait, and gave me something else to be thankful for. I could have gotten a comparable Garand for maybe $550-$600 at a show without the wait and background check/fingerprint fun, but getting one straight from Uncle Sam . . . there's something too cool about that. What a glorious rifle. Gen. Patton was right.

I got my cmp M1 last jan. and it only took 21 days! It does feel good to get one from CMP. Today I rec'd my 03a3 from them, and that old good feeling is back.

------------------
TOUJOURS PRET
Swamprat

swamprat,
Dang it ...Im green with envy.....Id put my name in the hat and didnt get the call.....congrats to ya.........fubsy.

Mine was a service grade. I am also on the list for a collector grade, tho they have now closed collector grade applications until all current applications are caught up.

Just got a case of the Austrian 150 gr. ball, supposed to be NC. Looks good and is in 20 round boxes. 1958 production. GLV

Back