M1 Garand ban lifted!

The CMP is a wonderfull thing, but some of us cant drive 1000 miles or so to go to a club match, it would be nice to be able to just order one with your C&R.

If you're thinking of the Camp Perry matches, that's not what they mean. Any affiliated club activity counts. If you're not a member of an affiliated club, you can join the Garand Collectors' Association for 25 clams (and get four really nice magazines every year) and use your C&R FFL as evidence of firearms related activity.

It took me all of about an hour to fill out the papers they needed, copy a few documents, visit the notary, the bank and the post office. I was a member of an affiliated club, but I joined the GCA anyway, because I really like the magazine.

There are quite a few reasons why you can't just use a C&R, but one of the biggies is that the CMP isn't in business to sell guns, but to promote marksmanship amongst the "unorganized militia" (that's us regular folks). The way that they sell guns helps satisfy that purpose.

Even if the Garands are let in they wont go through the CMP. They will be sold to importers who will mark them up and resell them.

For those who would be interested, attending an appleseed event can get you a cmp garand. The event itself counts as the match requirement. Becoming a member of the RWVA (parent organization of project appleseed) meets the club membership requirement, and being a naturalized or natural born American citizen is the third. Find and attend an appleseed near you!

The word is that these rifles are in absolutely terrible condition.Regardless of how cheap it is, I don't know if a potentially unsafe project Garand is for me.

From what "reliable" source are you told this? :rolleyes:

Considering that we've already had several thousand come into the US previously without any issues or comments, it's not really credible to say in advance of arrival what they are like. The ROK's take good care of their stuff: They know that they might NEED it one day. Field wear... sure. "Absolutely Terrible"... Uhh... probably not.

Willie

I am 99% sure my Grandfather had one of these on his gun rack in the hallway when I was a kid. I remember him saying it was an M1 from WWII. He served in Poland. I asked my mom what ever happened to it and she said he had sold it in the 80's or something. Damn what I would give for that thing now!

Given that none of the reports from five months ago contained any confirmation from the US government, I'd view the announcement that the ban has been lifted with suspicion.

I cant find any conformation either. I would love it if these rifles and carbines would be allowed in. The M1 Carbine has become scarce.

Been watching this for months now. Not sure about what or when but there seems to be SOME new activity in that Korean surplus M2 ball is starting to show up at various dealers. What that means for timeline on the rifles.....:confused:

Back