Lyman GPR's Built by Pedersoli? Warning Ranting inside.

Youre right Bladesmith. I may have been wrong to lump them ALL in a basket. I'm drawing my position off of my experience. My position remains though, I wouldn't knowingly go buy a 3/8" wrench to remove a metric 10mm bolt. When knowingly there is a better tool designed to fit that bolt perfectly.

Backlash, are you referring to reply 19 or 20 ? In 20 I was showing how I had tried to make paragraphs. Sorry that escaped you.
If 19, I see nothing wrong with the first sentence. In my #2 reply I failed to talk about the depth of the rifling. For any of you guys who weren't around BP shooting in the 60s and 70s, TC invented the Maxi ball. Before that it was the Minnie ball and round ball. The 1/48 was about as fast as anyone made for RB shooting but was still fast enough stabilize the Maxi ball. .004 deep rifling was all that was needed for the Maxi and just got by for PRBs. If really heavy charges were used the PRB could skip the rifling . I don't think any of the modern manufactures today make deep rifling.

FM, when I hit enter twice it skips down a extra line. I'm use to the sentence being recessed, not skipping a line. I do hit enter once stopping the writing early. You don't HAVE to read anything if the layout bothers you too much. :)
Have a good day.

Last edited:
Back