Lube Choice

What is your favorite lube?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Most of the choices are for a tumble lube. I use a few different lubes from White Label Lube as they are all good and prices are great. But I have tumble lube favorites, depending on bullet and intended use. For my Ranch Dog .44 cal. 240 and 265 gr. bullets I like to dip lube in 45-45-10. For some of my .38 wadcutters, alox thinned w/mineral spirits is good. The only time I used JPW straight is when I relubed a bunch of .22 lr bullets I had resized...

Favorites:

Tac#1
BAC
Carnauba Red
Thompson Bear cold lube

and I have 9 sticks of Magma green on the way that I want to test out. :)

Not sure if you are primarily looking for tumble lubes or traditional lubes, but...

I use 45/45/10 mostly for sizing bullets. I haven't had much luck with any tumble lube yet, but still trying it between 45/45/10 and xlox.

The only others that I have tried with luck have been:
Tac 1
Carnuaba Red

Felix & ben's red are popular, but I think they are more for rifles. I could be wrong.

NRA 50/50 in a RCBS luber/sizer I acquired a rather large supply of the lube at an estate sale, so that's what I use, works good too.

I use boocoo Darr formula lube. I made up bunches of lube that included beeswax, lanolin, paraffin and castor oil. Used it for two or three years and it worked quite well. Finally ran out and couldn't find the percentages or even the same ingredients. Any help?

That is Darr's formula, I was waxing poetic about a lube I put together some years back but lost the recipe...I don't bother with the STP in Darr's formula.

In the warmer months I like Carnuba Red and for the colder times it's BAC.
White Label lubes all the way for me.

Have a good one ..:)

Back