Low cost handguns, anyone?

I looked for a long 27-2 in nickel and bagged this off Gunbroker for $321. It arrived in unfired condition.

standard.jpg

This came from a Texas pawn shop for $325. Artsy photo, no?

standard.jpg

A Montana pawn shop owner sold me this one over the phone for $295. He couldn't believe I was willing to pay shipping and transfer fee on a gun I bought without even seeing.

standard.jpg

Paid $185 for the revolver and $200 for the stocks. Sad when the gun costs less than the stocks.

standard.jpg

A lot of fun for $150...

standard.jpg

best 339 dollars I ever spent. it is my favorite pistol to shoot and carry. It was just a czech police trade-in, so all I had to do was change the springs.

lgKSleI.png

@Sevens, the 39-2 has proven to be a sweet little shooter. I got two mags and a lvl 1 basketweave holster. It fits great in a iwb holster I have, a tuckable Galco, and with it's slim profile, I've toyed with the idea of making it my "dress gun", and leave the 642 in the wife's nightstand.

@Saxon, you scored big with those 27's. Mine, well, my son's, looks as good as your presentation cased one, but all I got was the gun. It's a fine shooter, with a crisp sa pull. Da is sweet too, easily one of the best triggers I've ever pulled.

About five years ago I picked up a 1937 38-44 HD with pre-War Magna grips for $270 and a model 520 for $360 on the same day at the same place. I'm waiting for a letter from S&W on the 38-44 to find out what hardware store it was shipped to and I tried to find some original grips for the 520 to no avail.

Joe- The N frame "Modified Magnas" (S&W terminology) are unique to the 520 and the M58. I once had about 3 or 4 sets of them that I picked up at shows for $5-$10 each not even realizing what they were. One set went on my police trade in 58 (came with Pachs) and I sold the others to desperate collectors trying to make their guns original.

Most of the 520s were instant collector items because everybody knew the story on them so I am surprised the stocks were missing. Was the gun actually used?

9F- No, nothing shady. You just have to shop around, have cash in hand (money talks...) and don't be afraid to make an offer. A lot of times sellers tell me to take a hike but sometimes they sell. It's all a game, anyway.

Case in point. A few years ago I was at a show and I saw this 38 Diamondback on a table. Some holster wear, with Pachs, looked like a cop gun. FFL dealer had it tagged at $350. At the time a realistic price was likely $300. I had $185 left in my pocket after having already bought 3 guns that day. I laid out the cash on the table and told him that was all I had. The Colt was worth more, but that's all I had. If he was willing to sell it at that price I would take it.

I still have it.

standard.jpg

Most of the 520s were instant collector items because everybody knew the story on them so I am surprised the stocks were missing. Was the gun actually used?

Very lightly used. It came with a very nice set of wood stocks with finger grooves. My guess is someone passed on and the family was selling their guns and had no idea what was what. The store I got them from had no idea what they were either, so, probably never asked about box and grips.

I also bought a model 13 with a 3" barrel for $275 about 4 years ago and a nickel model 19 for $300 about the same time. Sold the 19 as I just do not care for a nickel finish.

I felt like I to a great deal on each of these...

DSC_0139.jpg

Top: Modelo 1937 S&W Model 1917. Traded a 442 straight across for.

Center: 1966 Python. Traded a Kimber Royal I had an offer for $700 on straight across for it.

Bottom: Model 10 I paid $200 OTD a couple of years ago for.

attachment.php

Not the greatest pic of it, but there is a pic of the 27-2 with my 1961 Python. Like the guy above me, I traded a Kimber, although mine was just a Custom II, and unlike the guy above me, lol, I had to add a little $ to the pot for that Python.

I have a 4", 1974 Royal Blue Python I picked up a few years ago as a shooter, that I got for $800 otd. Don't think it qualifies, but was a great deal to me. I wish I could find a Diamondback ala Saxon's example!

SaxonPig, I wasn't suggesting anything shady. Just referencing he old blues legend about crossroads at midnight. Of course suggesting that you traded your soul to the devil to find smokin' handgun deals probably isn't complimentary either. :eek::D

But if you are also a mean guitarist, I might start to wonder...

Freedom Arms 44 Magnum made for silhouette, $900 from an individual on another gun forum. Love shooting this thing and I don't let it rest much.

fa441.jpg

Dan Wesson 15-2V full lug, seems hardly used and in terrific shape for $390 out the door at a small gun shop about 30 miles north of town. Monson gun.
Whoa! The OP's guns go without saying, but I wish I had run across that!

I don't have any that are used that weren't outright given to me, so that's not quite fair. But my best deals on new guns were Colt Delta Elite at $425 when they were garnering between $500 and $600 everywhere, and my SAR-48HB for $645 when they were getting around $800 mostly, though that's not a handgun. I scored both of these from dealers that had multiple copies of each on hand.

Cheap vs low cost?

SCCY fire arms 9mm daytona beach fl

Charter arms for revolvers shelton ct

Bug out bag cheapo

Hi-point or cobra
------------------
Reliable cost effective e.d.c.

GLOCK 17/19.....$300ish best bang for the buck..pun intended

Back