Lost my paperwork after a 6 month wait?

I suspect there is not as much drama as is being portrayed here. Oliver runs a straight shop. I bought a suppressor that went smoothly, as have many other people. He moves a lot of high-end MG's, too. He is not going to scam anyone for a $200 tax stamp, and the ATF doesn't need to be informed of any "shady dealings".

Plainly, something got SNAFU'ed. It happens. Let Oliver work to fix the situation. If amended forms are all it takes, then he will pursue that route.

OP, do you have a record of your original order that confirms it was an M4-2000? If you gave only a verbal order after talking at length about a number of selections, including a Gemtech, then an error can easily occur. If the order is documented as being an M4-2000, then human error occurred and it will be taken care of.

I have bought 4 suppressors (and many gun parts,etc) from Iron Ridge Guns and my friends have bought many of them as well as machine guns.Oliver's a straight up guy and if there was a mistake he will make it right. He is not going to rip you off.I have run several shops my self and you do everything you can to give great customer service but unfortunately mistakes happen. That is what it sounds like here and Oliver will take care of you.Just keep communicating with Him and work it out. NFA stuff takes longer and is more stressful than most stuff. It's going to turn out right.

Yes, he looked up the original order and it was an AAC M4 2000. Sounds like some people had some good experiences with Iron Ridge and that makes me feel a bit better. This is my first suppressor and I was afraid I was going to get ripped off, but it sounds like I may actually get it someday. Oliver called me today and said that he'd overnight the paperwork to get things moving along. But after this ordeal I'm not sure I'll be getting any other NFA stuff.

:rolleyes:

By the way, I just got done with a big digital camera scam that tried to take me for a few thousand bucks. I had the order split between two credit cards and fought for about six months before I got all my money back. Now I'm a bit shell shocked.

:eek:

Don't let this experience turn you off of NFA items.

I got my first one last October through www.politesocietyinc.com and it couldn't have been smoother. Some places just seem to run a tighter ship than others.

My transfer took me 76 days from start to finish and I couldn't be happier:

CIMG5609.jpg

Two brand new people with one post under there name defending a company that screwed up big time and passed the buck back to the atf every time you asked them a question, Yea I believe you:( NOT!

I just find it very strange that someone who's dealing in class 3 weapons can't get their paperwork right, then tries to push the blame off on someone else.

You should have had the can a long time ago at this point, and there is no excuse for the mistake.

I'd push for a free case of ammo.:D

Last edited:
Yeah- I joined after seeing this post. I'm a member of about 8 other forums but mainly hang at silencertalk and snipers hide.After seeing this I decided to join to let him know that Oliver will take care of him.I knew I would get flamed for my low post count but that doesn't mean what I'm saying is not true.cchardwick-Oliver will make it right.Don't let this deter you from the NFA world. You will get your can. I know your first one is nerve racking enough and to have any complications makes you nervous.But you will be shooting you m2000 (I have one too- great can) before you know it.Hang in there.......

And a guy from South Carolina with 121 posts and no local knowledge has credibility to make a blanket statement that makes it sound like a NFA shop does nothing but mess up all of the time?

I'll take a low post count and better credibility any day.

I know Iron Ridge intimately well. I think I make a better character reference for the OP to rely on.

I also know the OP was offered some restitution.

(NFA shop does nothing but mess up all of the time) Well basing the info from the OP, I would say yes, the class 3 dealer in this case has screwed up. As far as your (better credibility any day) well you have none as far as I am concerned.(I know Iron Ridge intimately well) just because you work there or have bought a prouduct from them doesent mean that they havent screwed up this time. I have bought class 3 items in the past and have never had such a poor excuse for customer service. If the OP is leaving something out (I also know the OP was offered some restitution) that is between him and them but it was not posted in his original post so you cant knock anyone for not knowing that detail. I hope the OP gets his problem sorted out and learns from this that some class 3 dealers are better than others.

Smee78

However well they do on 99.9% of thier transfers, who ever the employee was that handled this tranfer wasnt at thier best that day to say the least. As much as items going to NFA branch should be double checked, its obvious that wasn't done either, or it would have never got that far. That cost a customer months of wait time
and jumping through several hoops to find out what the problem was.
This is quite a bit worse than somebody at Wendy's forgetting to biggie size your order.

A business is as good as its worst employee, if they let them roam free:)

Chill out guys. !

It is a simple mistake on paperwork. I am sure Oliver will fix it.

The buyer is a newby in NFA purchases. Almost all transfers take about 6 months right now for approval on a tax stamp.

They buyer was burned on a digital camera purchase. Camera dealers are not licensed by or subject to government approval on each and every transfer like a NFA firearm. He is a little too paranoid.

Everything NFA has a serial number and a paper trail. When mistakes are made, they can be corrected. It is that simple.

Mouthing off about notifying NFA about a dealer, shows how uninformed somebody is. When everything you do goes thru your assigned examiner at NFA, they are well aware of how you do everything.

Give IronRidge a chance to fix it .

PS: Anybody purchasing an NFA item, get a copy of the paperwork from the start with the box circled on the forms to allow you to inquire thru NFA on the status of the transfer. This also means you have a record of exactly the make, model and serial # of what you purchased.

Who said they heard this?

(I also know the OP was offered some restitution)

Oliver did mention that he would 'take care of me' but didn't offer any specifics on what he would acutally do for me. You must have talked to Oliver in person for you to say that, perhaps he gave you some details that he didn't tell me? A box of ammo would be nice, or even just thirty bucks to cover my gas for my wasted trip out there.

:confused:

Sounds like the gun shop sent the paperwork to the sheriff and as soon as they get it back they will overnight it to the ATF. Once I hear from them I'll post something.

Oliver is a good dude. It sounds like a honest mistake.

Jensen Arms in Loveland CO is probably the biggest Class 3 dealer in northern Colorado.

OK, here's an update on my supressor, after 10 months of waiting I decided to get a refund for the suppressor. Only problem is that it seems they don't want to give me my money back. I told them I wanted a refund almost four weeks ago and after dozens of e-mails I still don't have it. Good thing it was only a $1,290 suppressor and not a full auto weapon that would cost much more. I'm going to give them a few more days and then I'm going to have to get my lawyer and credit card company involved (which has worked well in the past for getting money back from scam artists). Wish me luck.

:(

Back