Looking for unique .22lr?

.22 drives me nuts. I'm not alone, because look at how big .22 BR has always been. I refuse to compete in anything where I can control my own, tuned ammunition. I don't know how those guys do it, but I know they drop as much $$$ as any other shooting discipline, and probably more. Tenex is $23 for a box of 50!

In Biathlon 50M is the target distance and it's about a 3.5MOA prone, and a 9MOA off hand. Those are HUGE...unless you're breathing like a freight train, and under pressure of competing against the best in the world... Then it sounds really, really hard.

I would guess they're shooting the best .22 BR ammo and not plink.

I wonder if they all run tuners or not?

Not to derail the OP, but this is a cool looking reworked model(PWS) from a reputable company.
Volquartsen Summit

Attachments

• 1500-1515170064-summit.jpg
    1500-1515170064-summit.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 25
MrBorland: You might try to get a bicycle/athon started. The only problem would be if you rode your bike on public roads with a rifle strapped to your back. Maybe that would be just a natural "hazard" to be avoided? :)

Picher said:
MrBorland: You might try to get a bicycle/athon started. The only problem would be if you rode your bike on public roads with a rifle strapped to your back. Maybe that would be just a natural "hazard" to be avoided?

There's an event called Summer Biathlon that generally involves running and shooting. Looks like there are a few venues out west that combine mountain biking and shooting. From what I can tell, your rifle is "safe" at the firing line while you run/bike without it.

I know some cyclists who like to shoot - I'm just not sure there are many of them who are into this type of shooting. I'd likely do better by recruiting target shooters who happen to enjoy cycling.

At a Boyscout National Jamboree in (I think) 1994 they had a "bikeathlon" set up where it was mountain bike trails with two shooting stations that had air rifles set up. It was a pretty good time. Pretty sure they were Crossman gallery guns of some sort (repeaters with hoses coming out of them). Nothing overly competitive but still a lot of fun.

While not "unique" a Model 52 sporter would be a desirable rifle as would a Remington 541S. I feel lucky to have a 541T HB.

The most unique .22 I have is a Remington 510 Targetmaster. Its a bolt action single shot rifle with a 25" barrel and a sweet trigger. It was made in 1941 and is in very good shape. The wood stock is not beat up and still looks great and the bluing is all brown now but still shiny and good looking. With good ammo it will stack them on top of each other and fun to shoot when you want accuracy instead of just blasting shots downrange.

Back