looking for rifle that uses .45 ACP

I have the 45 storm. The Couger mags are $$$$. And only 8 rouunds. I'll tell you though - I love my CX in 45 because it is short, light, accurate, and feels right.

Only one mention for the Just Right Carbine ? I have one in 9mm. They make a 45ACP version, with two different magazine types, Glock, or 1911. Its a well made, accurate and reliable carbine. Mine is the takedown version, and came with a small backpack that's designed for it. The JRC is ambidextrous as far as ejection port, and charging handle. There are also conversion kits to make the carbine into any caliber you want, 9mm, 40S&W, 45ACP, or 357 SIG. They have a Lifetime Warranty, are made in New York State, have a NY Safe Act model, and cost around $650.

I do have the Hi-Point .45 carbine. It does alright in the accuracy department and it goes off every time. It's cheap and reliable. A bit ugly and the trigger is not the best. I still like it despite it's drawbacks. The more you shoot it, the less ugly it becomes.
attachment.php

Attachments

• P2250901.resized.JPG
    P2250901.resized.JPG
    202.9 KB · Views: 447
aarondgraham said:
I have the 9mm version and it's a solid performer,,,
It's as ugly as original sin but a decent gun.

If you don't mind your friends teasing you about it,,,
You'll probably be able to out shoot them.

The only thing more annoying than the ugliness of those 9mm Hi-Points is the fact that they outshoot all the 9mm AR15's at 100 yards.

Had several friends that bought them and tried to convince me to buy one back in the late 1990's when they were $69, but never could get past the looks!

#2 got it right. A Kriss vector works great! Also takes Glock mags (at least some do) so mags are cheap and common.

Cx4 Storms are also really good!

I have only held them at my local GS, but Aero Survival Rifle is made in several major pistol calibers including 22lr, 9 mm, 10 mm, .357 sig, .40, and .45 acp. All of which use Glock magazines. I cannot speak to quality of these, but they are out there. I would love a 10 mm or 45 acp carbine myself. I have a CZ Scorpion Carbine in 9mm, wish they would make this available in other calibers

If you already reload and are tooled up for 45 ACP, sure why not.
Otherwise the "better" modern 9mm round is cheaper.

If I was looking at pistol round firing rifles, Rugers got a real nice one in 40. Not sure of the exact model, my friend has one though. I'll see if I can find his number and find out...

Imo, .22 long rifle isn't a pistol round. Just look at the name. It's a very small rifle round that's good for varmit and plinking, but does well in pistols too due to its size.

Also imo the only reason to have a 45acp is the 1911. Got one on order. Just a very cool gun with lots of military history. But not a cheap plinker, not the best for stopping power or ap ability.

Just Right Carbine, takedown version with the Glock mag option. The only negative thing I would even comment on is the stock trigger is gritty, heavy, and creepy. I polished my trigger and sear, tweeked the spring to lighten it just a bit and it's much better. But, it uses any AR15 trigger so always the option of getting a really good trigger if you want to spend the money. They are built like tanks, lots of options available, and mine has been very accurate and 100% reliable. Although mine is in 9mm, I see no reason why a .45ACP wouldn't give the same performance and reliability. You can also do full caliber conversions for a pretty darn reasonable price.

Back