Looking for opinions.

I have been carrying a Glock 26 for several years. I find it easy to shoot and easy to conceal; it goes everywhere it is legal.

I made my choice before the Shield came out, but I looked at it. I am one of the rare ones who didn't find the Shield comfortable in the hand, and I can't even say why. Most people really like it, and it is definitely worth at least holding one yourself before you write a check.

I don't think there is a bad gun in your list....and I think the overall concern is how they feel in your hands.../ what grip angle you like, how the triggers break and reset, the sights, etc....( not what fits my hands )....

but in your list, The Sig and the XD - would probably be my top 2 guns...especially the sig ../ but I might suggest you also look at the Sig 239 ...a good single stack gun, light, easy to manipulate and in 9mm its 8 + 1 ...and being a little thinner it might be easier to manipulate ...depending on how bad your hands are..../ and there were not any on your list, but there are some good 1911's out there in 9mm ( they're a little tougher to field strip - but you do that at home / where you can spread things out and take your time ...loading mags and manipulating the gun for firing is way more important...and a 1911 has a lot less trigger movement to break and reset...) ...and with bad hands, a gun that is a little heavier, is a plus to reduce recoil.

Back