Looking for new handgun, please help!

imq,
If you decide on 9mm, and like the Glock 17, take a look at the HS2000. I picked mine up yesterday, and was both stunned and thrilled! For less than $300, and from what I had read, I was expecting a "good value" pistol. What I got, was an exceptionally crafted firearm, that rivals my $600 Walther P-99 and Sig-Pro.

The pistol handles and points like a dream, and recoil is light and very controllable. It should be a very good "step up" pistol, from your .22. Everyone I showed it to at the range where impressed, even the "Glock Heads". Great pistol at an unbelievable price. If you decide to try one, look for a Generation 3 model.

[Edited by Gusgus on 04-23-2001 at 06:42 AM]

If I'm going to have a 9mm its going to be a Sig 228. The gun fits my hand like a glove and is super reliable.

If you like the 1911 style then the Browning Hi Power is a good place to look for a 9mm. And I would either go with an HK USP or a 1911 for the .45. Nothring wrong with the Glock, but I just prefer the other 3 over the Glock.

To answer your ammo price question, for the most part it can be said that 9mm ammo is a bit cheaper than .45.

I would go to the range and rent some guns that you are interested in. Check out both calibers. Get the one that you feel most comfortable with as 9mm and .45 will be a good defensive round as well.

Back