Looking for info for a "Deep Cover" 9mm

The head of Kahr Arms and the man who designed the K9 is indeed Justin Moon, the son of Sun Yung Moon (sp?). He's also a graduate of MIT. IIRC, the company was bankrolled by his dad, but is not owned or managed by the Unification Church. The Boston Globe did an article about this a while back. You can get it by searching their archives at http://www.boston.com, but you will have a to pay a couple bucks for the privilege. It seemed to me to be a reporter looking for a scandal, but he didn't quite find one.

Regarding the "alarmingly long trigger pull," gimme a break. It's shorter than the DA trigger pull on most DA/SAs and shorter than most DA revolvers. Yes, it is longer than a Glock. But the Elite trigger pull is shorter than the standard Kahr trigger pull and is not bad at all. Have you fired a Kahr?

Regarding poor quality, etc., I own three Kahrs and they've been trouble-free. Early production Kahrs had tight chambers, which were fixed by Kahr under warranty.

jtduncan goes on to say:

"Sig P-239: Its grip was chopped too short so too many people can't get a good grip to accurately shoot the little bugger. Same problem with the Kahr MK series."

The 239s grip is longer than the Glock 26 and I can get all three fingers on the 239 without a grip extender. There's a tiny lip on the magazine of the 239 that helps. Next time you're in a gun shop, take a look at the 239, but ask for an empty mag to put in the grip. The 239 is a significantly larger gun than either the Glock 26 or MK9. The 239 is closer to the size of a Glock 19 and should not rightly be compared to an MK9 or Glock 26.

You can't get all three fingers on a Glock 26 grip, so don't blame the Kahr MK9 for the same failing unless you're willing to blame the Glock 26 for that as well. And if you're going to say that you can use magazine extenders on the Glock 26, well you can do the same with Kahr MK and in fact one of the mags that is supplied with the gun extends below it, allowing room for your pinky. Nevertheless, I've got medium to large size hands and have no problem shooting my MK9, with or without the extended magazine. In terms of accuracy, the short sight radius makes it a bit more of a challenge, but you'd be surprised just how accurate that little gun is.

Both the Glock 26 and Kahr MK9 have advantages and disadvantages. Both are reliable, accurate, and have consistent trigger pulls. The Glock's trigger pull is shorter, allowing for slightly faster followup shots. But it also has that nasty, gritty, creep, sproing feeling. The Kahr's trigger pull is a bit longer, but smooth the whole way. The Glock 26 has higher capacity, but is too thick to be easily concealed in a pocket. The Kahr MK9 can be easily concealed in a pocket, but as a result has lower capacity. The Kahr MK9 is also a bit heavy, though when fully loaded, both the Glock 26 and MK9 weigh the same.

Both the Glock 26 and Kahr MK9 are compromises, as all guns are. You have decide which compromise works best for you. Both are fine guns, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

M1911

M1911, you make me proud to own a P9 and MK9...

Nice job double oh 1911 :) !

BTW... My personal opinion only, but I think the elite trigger on my P9 is THE SWEETEST trigger of any gun I've ever owned. It is by FAR my favorite trigger, and has me rethinking my DA/SA preference BIG TIME! I owned a Glock 27 with a 3.5lb trigger, and it had no such impact on me.

Back