Looking for good concealed weapon

I had a Walther PPK/S that I just sold to buy a Kahr MK9. If you prefer an auto and it will fit your budget get a Kahr. If this does not fit the budget look at the KelTec P11. Either way I will now recommend a 9mm. Other than .22, 9mm is some of the cheapest and most plentiful ammo you can buy.

Try a Ruger P95, they are light, inexpencive, and will last a lifetime, plus you can put any kind of ammo in it and i will perk right along, plus they can be picked up for around $250 used in most pawn shops.

I have had very good experiences with these pistols, and all I hear is good things from others on them as well. You should be able to pick up any of these guns for under $425 used but still in good condition. I myself would rather have a previously owned high quality gun, than one of lesser quality that is new in the box.

http://www.kahr.com
Any of the Kahr line would work well for you, I have owned the MK9 Elite in the past and really wish I wouldnt had sold it. I currently own a K9 Elite which I have for sale in the handguns listings if you are interested. The Polymer Kahrs look great also, but I dont have a lot of hands on experience with them.

http://www.glock.com
The Glock 26 is an excellent gun as well, and is the toughest one out there. They will not rust very easily, and are extremely reliable.

http://www.sigarms.com
The Sig 239 is probably more accurate than the other 2 guns, but I am not a good enough shot to tell the difference between these 3 guns. Sigs are well made and reliable guns.

I know you didnt ask about holsters but I wanted to recommend the Alessi Talon Plus for any of these guns, I have had great luck concealing my guns with his holsters, and Lou Alessi is a top notch guy to deal with.

I have the Sig P239 in .40 and at 25oz, dry, that thing is just too heavy for the punch it packs. It is also top heavy and in .40 its pretty snappy under recoil. Frankly, any small .40 pistol is going to be a handful and unpleasant to practice with.

You don't say if you are recoil sensitive but a lot of women are so if you plan to share this gun with one, you should look at a 9mm like the Glock 26. The Kel-Tec P-11 is cheap and light but the trigger is hard to master.

My current personal favorite, and I have all the above to choose from, is a S&W Airweight .38. Small, light and in an IWB it almost disappears. However, its not too pleasant to shoot with defensive loads. I figure if I ever have to draw it in anger, I'll never notice the recoil but I have to grit my teeth when practicing with it.

my wife who is under 5' with very small hands is quite comfortable with the Sig p232, it's small enough for her, yet solid enough for my huge paws. i would reccomend going to a range that rents the various handguns that have been mentioned and trying each one out until you find the most comfortable for you. this is what we did for my wife, AFTER spending the money to purchase a S&W 442 lite weight hammerless revolver which she HATED. good luck in your search for the perfect fit.

Adept

Without a doubt, the best concealed weapon value on the market today is the Makarov. The 9x18mm cartridge is effective, the guns are accurate, and easily hidden, and the cost is non prohibative in the extreme. A good Makarov can be had for less than $200. My Mak has served to protect myself, and my family for 5 years now!!!! I have gone with, and through a lot of pistols from 9mm to .45ACP. I carry the Makarov!!!!

Back