Looking for a new hunting rifle 6.5 Creedmoor

dad rifle

I noticed as my Dad got past 60, that the rifles he hunted most were shorter and lighter. No that I'm in the same boat, I can say the same.

Were I to buy a 6.5 CM, I'd consider the Kimber Hunter. The 6.5CM is a pretty mild number and would likely not be to abusive in the lightweight Kimber. The rifle would be easy to carry too. You oughta be able to find a Hunter sub $800, and a tidy 2-7x or a compact 3-9x would make a neat rig.

It's fun spending other folks money.

I don't shoot the 6.5 Creedmoor, my hair is too short. :D
But if i were looking for a new factory rifle....
Tikka would be on my very short list. At or near the top anyways. Trigger is good, gun is lightweight, action VERY smooth, priced affordably.
Behind that would be the Mauser M18. Again decent trigger, decent action, accurate, resonably priced. One thing i have heard that concerns me with the Mauser is the bolt actually locks IN the barrel.
Better accuracy?
Maybe, but not barrel change friendly.

I played with tbe new Savage Ultra Light yesterday. 5,3/4 lbs. Accutriggeer, Accustock, Proof Research barrel with threaded muzzle. Action is supposed to be a lightened Model 10. Looks more like a lightened Axis action to me.
While the Savage actions have been proven for accuracy, along with the Proof Research barrels, my first order of business would be to swap out the stock!
The forestock is still very flexable/flimsy!

I've owned a Howa 1500 in the form of the first gen Weatherby Vangard. I'll never own another!
Was the only gun i've ever been happy to get rid of!

If your looking for .75 at 100 yards, then you'd have to throw in some fliers from Wendyj's Tikka!!

f99ff39a-8bed-4c66-9799-667ccc2ad005.jpeg

19381d84-ebd0-40a3-91cc-d2b317c06f3f.png

Back