Looking for a new caliber rifle.

FloridaGuy, Get that 338 Lapua! I can no longer deal with the recoil of anything more than a 308. When I was younger, a Ruger 77 sporter weight in 300 Win magnum didn't seem bad at all. An RPR in 338 would be a hoot! Anything over a 30 cal magnum is overkill in North America for hunting so forget those puny 30's get a real blaster for pure fun!

FloridaGuy, Get that 338 Lapua! I can no longer deal with the recoil of anything more than a 308. When I was younger, a Ruger 77 sporter weight in 300 Win magnum didn't seem bad at all. An RPR in 338 would be a hoot! Anything over a 30 cal magnum is overkill in North America for hunting so forget those puny 30's get a real blaster for pure fun!
It would never see any hunting. It is going to only be for fun. It probable would only get shot once or twice a year. That’s on average how much I shoot any of my rifles. I don’t shoot rifles often because my local range does not allow them.

Hmmm...well, if you're going to be doing your own handloads, and you're going to want to shoot for any reason other than make some noise (in which case a bag of M80's would be cheaper)--count on shooting it more than once or twice a year!;)

RPR 338LM

I have the Ruger Precision Rifle in 338 Lapua Magnum and LOVE IT !!

I wanted something smaller and more economical to shoot than my Target 50BMG 47 pound rifle. Its smaller, its lighter, and done right its much cheaper to shoot.

My RPR 338LM rifle came with 120 pieces of Lapua brass and 60 Hornady brass to shoot & Scrap. Used rifle, yes but less than 200 rounds. Came with a whole list of options included.

I bought 200 pieces of brass casings from Midway during a sale at $0.74 each of BBR brass made by Lapua.

I buy projectile blems and over-runs from a site that specializes in such with prices 1/4 to 1/3 normal pricing - they shoot fine as blems are near impossible to see.

Buy your powder and primers in bulk - only way to continue to keep prices down

visiting my buddy in flag ,we did a tour of some gun stores ,noticed a large number of large calibers ,if for me I would model 70 300 win mag since have 30 cal projectiles

Back