Looking for a lightweight polymer pistol at least 9 mm.

Hate to be the "odd man out" but for "polymer", I really like my SigPro 2340. Very accurate, very reliable, and just plain feels good to shoot.
As the name suggests mine is in .40 (plus 357 Sig, the swap barrel works great with no change in point of aim). It is also available in 9mm. Cost "was" about 500 dollars.

lendringser--I can find USP Compacts around here for $600, plus or minus a couple of bucks...no one locally has new Glocks for less than $499...that's 100 bucks, give or take a buck or two, but...not quite 50%! IMHO, the HK IS a little bit more advanced design, but...I have NEVER figured out why the "Euro-Poly" pistols cost so much...plastic is supposed to be CHEAPER to produce/work with than metal, yes? Can anyone explain THAT???....mikey357

If you want REALLY light weight, look at a Kel-Tec P11 (9MM) OR P40 (40 S&W). I have both and like them quite well. Their strong ponts are compactness, light weight, 10-round magazines (requires a small finger extension on the P40 - which I use and like anyway). My only real gripe is that they have long, heavy double-action-only triggers. Its not that they are really bad for a double-action - I just wish they were traditional DA so I wouldn't have to deal with the long trigger on every shot. But I still like them, and they weigh around 16 oz - significantly lighter than about anything else in these calibers.

Doug

Being a fan of Sigs, you should consider taking a look at a SigPro. These guns are well made, dependable, accurate and feel great in your hand IMO. Both the SigPro 2009 (9mm)or the SigPro 2340 (.40 or .357 Sig) might meet your needs. Here is a review link of this gun.
http://www.gunnery.net/sig/sigpro.html

Now the sales pitch...I have one for sale and it is listed on the TFL Used Gun Forum. If it is so great, why am I selling it? - you ask. Unfortunaltely, I must sell one gun (a 9mm) to get another (a 2nd .45acp).

I second the g26

I had a g19 and a g26. I got rid of the 19 as the 26 worked better for me. I've come to the conclusion that if one is going to get a nine, get a compact gun, if one is going to get a larger gun, get a larger caliber. That refurbished glock deal sounds pretty good to me though!

CZ 75 PCR Compact! Not polymer, but small and light enough with absolute fantastic trigger and very nice grip!

Back