looking for a lawyer: NFA

This is the guy I used. My lawyer friend told me that in his estimation that he is the gold-standard of NFA trust lawyers. He's already been mentioned: David M. Goldman.

https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/

Essentially, they tailor the trust to you, then hook you up with an affiliate lawyer near you that can help you with legal questions and alterations of your trust. I'm not sure if they can help with more international problems.

Certainly no expert in NFA here.
But, ATF is clear- being "in the business" of buying/selling firearms for profit- NFA or not- requires a firearms license. Sounds like a slippery slope to me- it would be interesting to hear what the attorney you retain, has to say about the proposed venture.

To my knowledge, it is irrelevant how long a firearm is "held" for investment.
By your own admission, the sole purpose of the corp- is to buy, and sell NFA weapons for profit. IMO, you would need a dealers license at minimum even for transferable NFA.

BATFE takes the not unreasonable position that an FFL is a business license. That means that a licensee has to have a place of business and be seen as doing business. It seems to me that the OP's purpose might be better served by simply setting up an investment corporation or trust (non-dealership) to buy guns and hang onto them. Any sales can be handled through a licensed dealer. He would have to have a business manager here to provide the necessary custody, but there would be no need to have a shop or sell anything. There would have to be a transfer tax if the corporation bought from an FFL SOT dealer, but that should not be a significant problem. I don't know if issues like a corporate income tax could make that idea unfeasible, but it might work better than an FFL SOT dealership.

Jim

Back