Looking for a Cheap But Reliable .22 DA Revolver.

I purchased a new Charter Pathfinder several years back,,,
It's been nothing but reliable and is a very precise shooter.

I own several J-frame S&W's along with two K-frame S&W's,,,
Now that I've fired enough rounds through the Charter,,,
The trigger is now as nice as any of my S&W's.

I also own one of the Rossi Plinkers,,,
I purchased it new and have never regretted the buy.

I do not own any of the Ruger SA/DA revolvers,,,
I've fired a few at my rifle-pistol club,,,
They just didn't make me smile.

So, I recommend the Pathfinder,,,
An American company that will stand by their product.

Aarond

Just curious. Did the company provide you with a shipping/mailing label? Did they pay for shipping to and from?
Charter Arms mailed me a box that exactly fit the case the gun came in with a shipping label. They mailed it to me USPS and that took longer than it took FedEx to do the actual shipping and the time it took then to fix it (they got it late on Wednesday, fixed it on Thursday and shipped it back to me on Friday). Everyone I dealt with were very friendly and more than willing to correct the problem as quickly as possible. My only expense was a piece of tape to close the box.

How any USED 22s handguns are out there for $250?? Around here none...
I looked a lot for a used double action 22lr revolver and I found none. I found it a challenge to find new double action 22 revolver for under $400. It got down to pretty much Taurus or Charter Arms. I found a Taurus slightly cheaper than the Charter Arms I bought but besides being blued rather than stainless, it was out of stock. The most available by far in a double action revolver was the 38 Special.

My only expense was a piece of tape to close the box.

How much did that set you back? :) Any company can make a mistake; rectifying the error quickly and painlessly (in terms of cost) is the mark of good customer service. Your positive experience gives me confidence to commit to a Charter Arms firearm; a company I've never dealt with before.

New "development". Even though I started this thread with a da revolver specification in mind, because my main focus is getting an inexpensive but reliable .22 revolver for use while being stationed in a vehicle, the new Ruger "Wrangler" sa revolver is starting to have its appeal. Under 200 bucks for a serviceable revolver is getting my attention.

New "development". Even though I started this thread with a da revolver specification in mind, because my main focus is getting an inexpensive but reliable .22 revolver for use while being stationed in a vehicle, the new Ruger "Wrangler" sa revolver is starting to have its appeal. Under 200 bucks for a serviceable revolver is getting my attention.
The Ruger Wrangler is another bargain reliable SA revolver that has been available for years by other manufacturers. My Heritage Rough Rider has been totally reliable since I bought it in 2013. If you catch a good sale, they go for around or just over $100. Bud's Gun Shop (and others)have them for $126 not on sale.

I have a SA Rough Rider and a DAO 357 magnum snub nose revolver so I bought a DA 22 revolver to practice trigger control and hopefully become a better shot. It is said that if you can accurately a DA revolver in DA, then you can shoot any handgun better.

Back