Looking for a .308, could use some suggestions

No that is a 3 shot group, I only shoot five shot groups in target and bull barrels, hunting profile barrels heat up too quick for longer strings. Group was so tight my spotter (with a 40X spotting scope) initially called the second and third shots as a miss :) You are not going to get any more accurate then that with a $600 off the shelf rifle.

I'd look at the Ruger American or TC Venture. Both would be in your price range and are very good guns for the money. They each have short bolt throws/lifts and are accurate shooting guns. The Tikka would be a good choice as well but, tougher to find in your price range.

Thanks. I checked both out I liked the TC venture better.

In the end, I opted for something TOTALLY different. A CZ 527 carbine...

No that is a 3 shot group, I only shoot five shot groups in target and bull barrels, hunting profile barrels heat up too quick for longer strings. Group was so tight my spotter (with a 40X spotting scope) initially called the second and third shots as a miss You are not going to get any more accurate then that with a $600 off the shelf rifle.

Got it, I only get impressed with 5 shot groups that good out of any barrel.

I can usually stack 3 in ok, its the last two that challenge.

Interesting choice. What made you decide on that?

I was going to throw another vote in for the American. Mine has performed very well.

I want a 527 as well!

Interesting choice. What made you decide on that?

I was going to throw another vote in for the American. Mine has performed very well.

I want a 527 as well!

I don't know. I walked in the store and it just kinda stood out to me.

Savage 11/111 Trophy Hunter XP FTW. Love mine. Drops deer where they stand every time. Not had a runner yet. Always shoot head or neck.

Back