Looking for 223 Rem. Varmint Rifle W/ 1:8 Twist

So then you're saying all bolt actions are more accurate than all ARs I'll take that bet.
Like he said I wouldn't just assume the bolt will be more precise

Mavracer- What I meant to say is equally match-Yes a bolt will out shoot an AR almost always to always.
Now I don't hunt anymore ,but I do Comp shooting. There are a few that will run the Ar's at 600 and a few that will even run them at 1000. I am not saying they are not accurate. They have come a long way in a short time.

Last edited:
"There are a few that will run the Ar's at 600..."

A few? Like nearly every rifle on the line at Perry for the NTI

Not familiar with that one- Is that the required Rifle there?.

"If you have an AR laying around Rock River sells a varmint upper with a 1/8 24in barrel. Same barrels they use on their NM models which are pretty accurate and shoot a wide range of bullet weights quite well."

The RRA Varmint models do NOT use the same barrel as the NM...

The Varmint is a BULL barrrel...

The NM has a HEAVY Match barrel...

The RRA ATH uses an 18" HEAVY Match barrel...

The RRA Predator Pursuit uses either a 16" or 20" HEAVY Match barrel...

My RRA 20" NM will outshoot either of my RRA 24" Varmint models.

T.

The NTI is pretty much the main service rifle event at the National Matches (held at Camp Perry every year since, like, 1903?) during CMP week. It's fired at 200, 300, and 600 yards. While the vast majority of the shooters use AR's, M14's and Garands are also legal. It isn't meant as as a comparison between bolt guns and AR's, simply that AR's are very, very accurate at 600.

AR's v. bolt guns has likely been beaten to death and the OP has stated his preference so there's no sense in pushing the AR option. Besides, looking back at both of our original posts it looks like we have similar taste in bolt guns.

Regards,
Mike

Back